+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Commentary

Match Commentary

despite the thoroughly depressing result, I have to say what a difference the commentary was with no Bracegirdle. I watched the match on I follow from Majorca and the commentary from Adam Hassel was excellent. He gave a concise, proper running match commentary. If I'd been listening to the radio, I would have known exactly the state of play compared to Bracegirdle's inane ramblings. There was also more of an interaction with Stall and apart from the result, it made the match almost enjoyable! Radio Nottingham, please please get rid of Bracegirdle
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-03-2024 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    despite the thoroughly depressing result, I have to say what a difference the commentary was with no Bracegirdle. I watched the match on I follow from Majorca and the commentary from Adam Hassel was excellent. He gave a concise, proper running match commentary. If I'd been listening to the radio, I would have known exactly the state of play compared to Bracegirdle's inane ramblings. There was also more of an interaction with Stall and apart from the result, it made the match almost enjoyable! Radio Nottingham, please please get rid of Bracegirdle
    You'll be thrilled to know that Bracegirdle is back on Notts duty on Tuesday night.

He did the Mansfield game today for some bizarre reason

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    You'll be thrilled to know that Bracegirdle is back on Notts duty on Tuesday night.
    Bloody hell, I just can't bear it!

I’m glad this thread has come up. Driving back up north from the match today I had Radio Nottingham on - and it was noticeable how excited DB was at Mansfield. His voice was an octave higher and he was a copy of the Norwegian “Maggie Thatcher… your boys took a hell of a beating”
    He seemed to me to be overjoyed being at Field Mill. If he likes Mansfield that much then he ought to stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    He did the Mansfield game today for some bizarre reason
    He may not be the most popular, but if you’ve noticed, he’s now doing like Charlie Slater did last season. He’s regularly doing games for Sky Sports now. It seems like a well trodden path.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    I’m glad this thread has come up. Driving back up north from the match today I had Radio Nottingham on - and it was noticeable how excited DB was at Mansfield. His voice was an octave higher and he was a copy of the Norwegian “Maggie Thatcher… your boys took a hell of a beating”
    He seemed to me to be overjoyed being at Field Mill. If he likes Mansfield that much then he ought to stay there.
    I also listened on the way home, but to me his commentary was more the overly dramatic South American "Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaallllllllllll" style. He seemed to love it more than than the inbred fans! I enjoy his cricket commentary even though he's a Forest fan, but he's never seemed that excited over a Notts goal.

Too true very , very annoying and over elaboration with the gooooaaaaal !
    Should be a warning for sufferers of hypercusis.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    He may not be the most popular, but if you’ve noticed, he’s now doing like Charlie Slater did last season. He’s regularly doing games for Sky Sports now. It seems like a well trodden path.
    He's been doing the odd game on Sky Sports for years now.

It was cringe worthy to listen to on the way home, turned it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast