+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Wimbledon

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    Why would they cross the ball into the box when we don't have someone that can exploit it. ML is not that sort of player. Get a player on that can exploit it and then you can cross the ball
    Jones has got the majority of his assists from crosses. Langstaff has got the majority of his goals from getting on the end of crosses or picking up scraps after a cross.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    Why would they cross the ball into the box when we don't have someone that can exploit it. ML is not that sort of player.
    What? Were you asleep for the last 18 months? Macauley Langstaff is exactly that type of player, he thrives on crosses into the box.

Not the hopeful high ball from 30 yards out that we struggle to defend, but put a ball from the byline into the six yard box and he'll get on the end of more than his fair share.

Agreed Elite_Pie, jesus fking wept, it's like conversing with halfwhits on here

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What? Were you asleep for the last 18 months? Macauley Langstaff is exactly that type of player, he thrives on crosses into the box.

Not the hopeful high ball from 30 yards out that we struggle to defend, but put a ball from the byline into the six yard box and he'll get on the end of more than his fair share.
    Plus the number of headers Crowley one of the smallest players on the pitch has scored from crosses. We have plenty of players to get on the end of a well aimed cross. Jones is now getting double marked and forcing him to rush the cross so Langstaff isn't quite where he needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Robertson was mom for me closely followed by Crowley and JoB, I thought most of our dangerous situations came when Nemane took on his man and beat him and put in some decent crosses in the second half, but once again we can’t defend the long throw and corner.
    I’m afraid the brothers have to bite the bullet and realise they have made a mistake appointing Maynard.
    The biggest mistake they made was not appointing 2 or 3 decent defenders before the season started. Gave new 2 year contracts to Rawlinson and Cameron instead. Probably thought they were saving money - how wrong could they be?
    The finger is pointing at Montague but he was appointed by the brothers and is probably having to work to their plan / budget.
    As has been pointed out on other threads, the recruitment model hasn't been great this season and certainly not up to scratch when it comes to goalkeepers and defenders.
    Whatever we may think of him we must not forget that LW walked out on us half way through the season. He might not have been able to turn things fully around with the c**p defence but he did let us down.

Overall a better performance than Sutton and didn't deserve to lose. I will give them a 5.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    The biggest mistake they made was not appointing 2 or 3 decent defenders before the season started. Gave new 2 year contracts to Rawlinson and Cameron instead. Probably thought they were saving money - how wrong could they be?
    The finger is pointing at Montague but he was appointed by the brothers and is probably having to work to their plan / budget.
    As has been pointed out on other threads, the recruitment model hasn't been great this season and certainly not up to scratch when it comes to goalkeepers and defenders.
    Whatever we may think of him we must not forget that LW walked out on us half way through the season. He might not have been able to turn things fully around with the c**p defence but he did let us down.

Overall a better performance than Sutton and didn't deserve to lose. I will give them a 5.
    Yes but they can't do much about changing the defenders at the moment but they can rectify the manager situation.

I do wonder how much the signing of McGoldrick upset our recruitment plans. Yes, it’s a great story of a homecoming hero, but he will be on presumably the best salary in the club, is 36 and didn’t easily slot into our previous way of playing. Could we have used the money more wisely?

True, when we were flying earlier in the season, he was a joy to watch at times as he ghosted past players, but his influence has declined as the season has progressed. And he’s still got another year on his contract.

Good, a big player for us and we missed him Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I do wonder how much the signing of McGoldrick upset our recruitment plans. Yes, it’s a great story of a homecoming hero, but he will be on presumably the best salary in the club, is 36 and didn’t easily slot into our previous way of playing. Could we have used the money more wisely?

True, when we were flying earlier in the season, he was a joy to watch at times as he ghosted past players, but his influence has declined as the season has progressed. And he’s still got another year on his contract.
    We signed McGoldrick on a free transfer and bought Jatta for £125K, neither were necessary, and neither had played in L2. I'm not knocking either but we kept basically the same defenders from non-league and it shows.

The same oh, so, slow possession based football is reflected in the after match statistics, opposition managers can read you know. Also they can see for themselves how our patient building up, playing out from the back 2 me 2u "style" can be turned by just waiting for the inevitable error from our ex-nonleague defenders or their strikers need only trot back and we are outnumbered again.

We can see they have already learned that putting a giant next to Macca and two markers onto Jones, they can usually snuff out an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    We signed McGoldrick on a free transfer and bought Jatta for £125K, neither were necessary, and neither had played in L2. I'm not knocking either but we kept basically the same defenders from non-league and it shows.

The same oh, so, slow possession based football is reflected in the after match statistics, opposition managers can read you know. Also they can see for themselves how our patient building up, playing out from the back 2 me 2u "style" can be turned by just waiting for the inevitable error from our ex-nonleague defenders or their strikers need only trot back and we are outnumbered again.

We can see they have already learned that putting a giant next to Macca and two markers onto Jones, they can usually snuff out an attack.
    Having watched Match of the Day last night, it seems to me that errors by defenders is just part of the modern style of football that Notts try to play

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast