+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Wimbledon

Those giving anyone above a 5 must have been at a different game or drunk. The players were just going through the motions, sure were held onto the ball for periods but never looked like doing anything with it. As for slocombe, did nothing to convice us that he isn't a pile of garbage. I think giving them such high scores is a sign that too many peple are accepting of the garbage that is on offer at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Didn't notice that in real time. Seems like if he just stands there and watches the ball he catches the header when it comes in. Absolutely bizarre.

I've never really known a Notts team where the players responsible for keeping the ball out the net are not just incapable of doing that, but seem to go out of their way every week to make sure we concede.
    I was in line with it but couldn't believe my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    Those giving anyone above a 5 must have been at a different game or drunk. The players were just going through the motions, sure were held onto the ball for periods but never looked like doing anything with it. As for slocombe, did nothing to convice us that he isn't a pile of garbage. I think giving them such high scores is a sign that too many peple are accepting of the garbage that is on offer at the moment.
    We have been holding onto the ball the majority of game time for this season and the last, you only have to look at the game statistics to see that. But whereas last season we had the nous and comparative skill to use it to win games, this year the enemy manager and players have a bit more class - and it shows. The points per player given by NM readers reflect this. LW was losing it just before he left, SM has shown none even to start with and the owners should have brought in an experienced manager and two experienced defenders who have it, is it too late to rectify this so far into into the season? I think so. Glass half empty.

£125,000 for Jatta? We didn't really need strengthening in attack, we could have brought in a couple of capable defenders for that.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Moving Slocombe down to a 4 after seeing this goalkeeping monstrosity.

https://x.com/joshtidyy/status/1766618096184283507?s=20
    It does look bizarre. I think he decides to come for the ball and then either changes his mind or collides with two players jostling in front of him, but either way the reaction is so melodramatic it's ridiculous, almost like he's lost the ball on midflight, but you can see his eyes are on it all the way until he suddenly spins around.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    minus another half a point...I thought he could have done better with the own goal too.
    Yeah good point, he seemed to just fall to his knees like he was expecting some divine intervention.

Just watched the highlights, WTAF is Mrs Slocombe doing performing a 360 degree spin just before the ball flaoted into our net for their 2nd???!!!!! If we don't get a decent keeper in for next season and release Slocombe and Stone then I ain't bloody bothering parting with my well earned cash!

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Moving Slocombe down to a 4 after seeing this goalkeeping monstrosity.

https://x.com/joshtidyy/status/1766618096184283507?s=20
    Not only was SS doing a pirouette but not 1 of the 8 Notts outfield players in the goal area left the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    We have been holding onto the ball the majority of game time for this season and the last, you only have to look at the game statistics to see that. But whereas last season we had the nous and comparative skill to use it to win games, this year the enemy manager and players have a bit more class - and it shows. The points per player given by NM readers reflect this. LW was losing it just before he left, SM has shown none even to start with and the owners should have brought in an experienced manager and two experienced defenders who have it, is it too late to rectify this so far into into the season? I think so. Glass half empty.

£125,000 for Jatta? We didn't really need strengthening in attack, we could have brought in a couple of capable defenders for that.
    £125,000 and not used! will this be wasted money? Only 1 shot on goal the whole match, spending to much time passing the ball around,

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    £125,000 and not used! will this be wasted money? Only 1 shot on goal the whole match, spending to much time passing the ball around,
    Yeah cos we werent crossing the ball in the box thats the words of the head coach.

I thought it was a coach/manager to tell the players what to do !

Why would they cross the ball into the box when we don't have someone that can exploit it. ML is not that sort of player. Get a player on that can exploit it and then you can cross the ball

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast