+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Notts County manager ever

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    He just won't have the respect from the more 'seasoned' pros. He's not very tall either, which even more makes it difficult for him. Don't get me wrong and paraphrase what I'm saying that you have to be a giant to be a good manager, but everytime I see SM interviewed, it's as though he is the Wealdstone Raider's slightly bigger brother.
    HaHa, That's a funny post. He's not very tall! Maybe radar have a maximum height for all recruits.

If he was going to play in central defense, OK height matters, but come on.

Jose Mourinho is 5' 9", and he's won a few pots.

Give SM two good central defenders and a goalkeeper, and then let's see what he can do.

SM will be at Meadow Lane for years to come, We will not get relegated this season and when the season closes the re-build will begin.
    I would say that things are being put in place right now with players that will take the club forward and upward.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dug Out View Post
    SM will be at Meadow Lane for years to come, We will not get relegated this season and when the season closes the re-build will begin.
    I would say that things are being put in place right now with players that will take the club forward and upward.
    Is that you, Mr. Montague?

Let’s hope so, because this summer’s recruitment could make or break the club. We can’t afford to become a yo-yo club between the EFL and the NL

in answer to the question , Fullerton !

For me, of the short term appointments Fullarton is the stand out. It wasn’t just the results, it was the baffling team selections, substitution’s, and interviews.
    Of the ones who had time and resources and did the least with it, Mills was by far the worst.
    For the worst football Nolan and McParland, surprising, maybe but Nolan’s hoofball (albeit often successful) and McParlands slow death football make even our worst days seem tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Is that you, Mr. Montague?

Let’s hope so, because this summer’s recruitment could make or break the club. We can’t afford to become a yo-yo club between the EFL and the NL
    No, not at all, i have never met the chap. What i say/ believe may happen is as i said above, just based on logic. The owners have not been on this journey to throw it all away on a bad patch, a really bad patch. We have to bear in mind that compared with the last 10/13 years debacles we are now a well run outfit that has hit a bump, i'm glad we have these owners and not the boom or bust people we had at the helm prior.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dug Out View Post
    No, not at all, i have never met the chap. What i say/ believe may happen is as i said above, just based on logic. The owners have not been on this journey to throw it all away on a bad patch, a really bad patch. We have to bear in mind that compared with the last 10/13 years debacles we are now a well run outfit that has hit a bump, i'm gald we have these owners and not the boom or bust people we had at the helm prior.
    And as was shown Luke did nearly as badly against the sides Stuart has faced. It’s been a tough run and we’ve been found to not have improved despite some recruitment.

This season has gone, and we won’t make the playoffs which is think would have been acceptable to any fan. But progress has been made. It might not feel I like it, but we will end the season in a far higher position than last season. That is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    And as was shown Luke did nearly as badly against the sides Stuart has faced. It’s been a tough run and we’ve been found to not have improved despite some recruitment.

This season has gone, and we won’t make the playoffs which is think would have been acceptable to any fan. But progress has been made. It might not feel I like it, but we will end the season in a far higher position than last season. That is a fact.
    It's where we end next season that matters. Having watched Notts for 60 years, any success one year has always followed an improvement during the previous season. It is clutching at straws to say we are higher than last year when it was physically impossible to be lower.

Luke's matches compared with SM (7 points versus 4, which is nearly double) are not a good indicator because for SM it is all his matches with Notts but Luke had some great wins interspersed, including a 5-0 just before he left.

He is clearly out of his depth and people saying otherwise are just being bloody minded or plain stupid (not in your case so I'll go with the former).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post

Progress?? I think next years’ season ticket sales will tell you how much progress we have made.

The mind boggles with th appointment of Stuart Maynard as head coach. He's never played or coached at any level above the National League. Has never been a full time coach until he joined us so I bet that's a hard transition. What on earth went through the brothers minds when appointing him???

I guess the brothers were dissapointed to have missed out on Mike Williamson. Look at the job he's doing at MK Dons now.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast