+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SM vs Liz Truss

SM vs Liz Truss

I see parallells ,both wanted the job.Both totally out of their depth.Dont feel sorry for SM he wanted it .

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    I see parallells ,both wanted the job.Both totally out of their depth.Dont feel sorry for SM he wanted it .
    Well everybody wants to step up a level or two in their job, its the old chicken and egg scenerio how do you get the experience if you never had it ?
    Usually the first time somebody does something they are poor at it , unless they have some kind of previus experience that is relevant or transferable , or somebody mentoring them as in an assistant managwer role carries them while they learn
    Sm has no coaching or experience at EFL level. LW had coaching experience at EFL level as an assistant , then dropped down a level or two to a club with an excellent set up at the NL level - see the difference .
    This is why i can not understand why the bro,s picked SM, why did they not go for somebody with some kind of coaching experience at EFL level

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Well everybody wants to step up a level or two in their job, its the old chicken and egg scenerio how do you get the experience if you never had it ?
    Usually the first time somebody does something they are poor at it , unless they have some kind of previus experience that is relevant or transferable , or somebody mentoring them as in an assistant managwer role carries them while they learn
    Sm has no coaching or experience at EFL level. LW had coaching experience at EFL level as an assistant , then dropped down a level or two to a club with an excellent set up at the NL level - see the difference .
    This is why i can not understand why the bro,s picked SM, why did they not go for somebody with some kind of coaching experience at EFL level
    Or: What Is the Peter Principle? The Peter Principle is an observation that the tendency in most organizational hierarchies, such as that of a corporation, is for every employee to rise in the hierarchy through promotion until they reach a level of respective incompetence.

Haha listening to his interview yesterday there seemed to me to be a total refusal to take any responsibility for the calamities since he took charge. So in that way he’s exactly like Truss. And every Tory leader to be fair.

Yes because all labour leaders take responsibility, can't help yourself can you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Haha listening to his interview yesterday there seemed to me to be a total refusal to take any responsibility for the calamities since he took charge. So in that way he’s exactly like Truss. And every Tory leader to be fair.
    You mean like Blair with the weapons of mass destruction? … it’s going to be interesting on here when the current mess is replaced by an even bigger mess .. watch this space!

Is Radar to blame??
    Firstly, Im delighted The Bros are in control of our club.
    We will never under their ownership be wondering if our club will perish.
    However, that comes at a cost.
    Acceptance that the manager has no real say in recruitment.
    Acceptance of the model and analysis.
    Unless The Bros accept a hybrid model and appoint an experienced manager who knows what the arse end of league football is all about we will struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Is Radar to blame??
    Firstly, Im delighted The Bros are in control of our club.
    We will never under their ownership be wondering if our club will perish.
    However, that comes at a cost.
    Acceptance that the manager has no real say in recruitment.
    Acceptance of the model and analysis.
    Unless The Bros accept a hybrid model and appoint an experienced manager who knows what the arse end of league football is all about we will struggle.
    I was quite pleased when I found out they would be using data driven decisions to recruit players, because previously we had an awful record. It will be like Brentford, I thought. But whilst we have picked up some good attacking and midfield players, the recruitment of defenders and goalkeepers has been abysmal.

I can only assume that Football Radar are nowhere near as good as Brentford's system at what they do. And that is a worry, because that is how the brothers earn their money that supposedly guarantees our future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I was quite pleased when I found out they would be using data driven decisions to recruit players, because previously we had an awful record. It will be like Brentford, I thought. But whilst we have picked up some good attacking and midfield players, the recruitment of defenders and goalkeepers has been abysmal.

I can only assume that Football Radar are nowhere near as good as Brentford's system at what they do. And that is a worry, because that is how the brothers earn their money that supposedly guarantees our future.
    Somebody a few months back insinuated that the team had been disbanded or made redundant, there doesn’t seem much research gone into assessing targets now, I mean who thought Morias was a good signing? He was actually injured when we signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

It could be a degree of naivety in deciding where to focus their recruiting energies, placing too much faith in the defenders we already had. We don't tend to 'churn' the squad as much as we once did, and overall that's probably a positive, building a better familiarity and spirit within the squad and allowing players to grow proper roots at the club, but perhaps that went too far with regard to keeping faith with the current central defensive options?

If that has been the mistake, then it should be balanced against the many good decisions that have been made to get us back to the Football League in the first place - nobody is perfect and the club is still learning at all levels. However, it does put the pressure on to recruit some really strong defensive options this summer, because we're obviously nowhere near good enough in that department, and the number of goals we're conceding as a team is now damaging confidence further up the pitch, with the attackers looking less sure of themselves too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast