+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it Complacency?

Is it Complacency?

It seems we too often start games against lower placed opposition in an almost complacent attitude. Less commitment, less spirit and almost an arrogance that we are the better players and accordingly do not need to battle!
    Thank goodness CC is able to transform this pedestrian style to a more fitting and fighting spirit, wherein it is evident that all players give their all.
    How much better if we would start with this latter commitment !
    Well done today lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    It seems we too often start games against lower placed opposition in an almost complacent attitude. Less commitment, less spirit and almost an arrogance that we are the better players and accordingly do not need to battle!
    Thank goodness CC is able to transform this pedestrian style to a more fitting and fighting spirit, wherein it is evident that all players give their all.
    Well done today lads.

Disgusted at half time and drinking p iss too which they call Amstel! Lucky to go in one down against the worst side in the league for me. Palmer was determined to gift them another goal with stupid passing out in front of the goal.

Second half we attacked as we should have done from the start and quality shone through. Great second half although Wallace was again poor!

Bartley was decent for me and certainly better than others in defence. Glad he’s back!

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Well done today lads.
    This is the after match comments by CC.

"I told them at half-time that we needed to have more mentality, be more aggressive, win more second balls to increase our competitive aspect.
    "The second part was to increase our understanding of the game. We always try to use the games to improve and to increase our understanding of the game.
    "One thing is to understand the things and the other is to do the things. Today has been a good second half."

So ne seems to use the first half to understand the type of team he is up against and then corrects for better understanding in the second half..
    Well it worked today, for sure.

We’re not the only team to have a mediocre half. Lots of teams even Leicester recently. Carlos does read what the best solution is and implements positional changes. I love the fact that he doesn’t sit still.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    We’re not the only team to have a mediocre half. Lots of teams even Leicester recently. Carlos does read what the best solution is and implements positional changes. I love the fact that he doesn’t sit still.
    At the moment Carlos is our number one asset.
    Anybody who can't see that perhaps struggles with their sight in general. This is a very bang average group of players performing exceptionally above average.
    Perhaps our views are distorted by the fact that these guys earn in a month what I earn in eigh**** months. High wage don't make you a high standard player.
    Factoring in injuries I am truly amazed with what this coach has achieved. Many would have left by now.
    But Carlos seems to have what is missing in football... integrity and also commitment to see a job through regardless.
    How many of you value you that in someone you know?
    I certainly do and because of that I can over look a lot of other things I hold less value to.
    I dislike pessimistic moaners around me cause they spread like the proverbial bad apple.
    Yes we have players that are not gifted and are on large wages...so what. I work around people also who should hold their heads in shame when collecting their wages. Lazy useless C U N T S. Come in to the work place and hide.
    But that's life. For the biggest part this season this Baggies team has given me a new found joy in watching for the results. If only to watch the same predictable pattern of posts by some on here as the game begins and the negative comments start as a trickle and then a torrent...🤣🤣🤣
    I swear I don't even have to look at the poster's name to know who has reached despair after five minutes of a match...😂

Anyway....what was the question again m'lord?🤔

The championship is odd. You can take a poor team, get them organised and find a way to take advantage of their strengths to make them half decent. A bad manager does the opposite.

That makes a lot of these relegation battling sides difficult at this time of year. The last two sides we’ve faced have new managers and who knows how they will play. They also have their tails up with a home fixture and genuine threat of relegation if they lose each game.

To get 4 points from two away games is a great return regardless of place in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    At the moment Carlos is our number one asset.
    Anybody who can't see that perhaps struggles with their sight in general. This is a very bang average group of players performing exceptionally above average.
    Perhaps our views are distorted by the fact that these guys earn in a month what I earn in eigh**** months. High wage don't make you a high standard player.
    Factoring in injuries I am truly amazed with what this coach has achieved. Many would have left by now.
    But Carlos seems to have what is missing in football... integrity and also commitment to see a job through regardless.
    How many of you value you that in someone you know?
    I certainly do and because of that I can over look a lot of other things I hold less value to.
    I dislike pessimistic moaners around me cause they spread like the proverbial bad apple.
    Yes we have players that are not gifted and are on large wages...so what. I work around people also who should hold their heads in shame when collecting their wages. Lazy useless C U N T S. Come in to the work place and hide.
    But that's life. For the biggest part this season this Baggies team has given me a new found joy in watching for the results. If only to watch the same predictable pattern of posts by some on here as the game begins and the negative comments start as a trickle and then a torrent...🤣🤣🤣
    I swear I don't even have to look at the poster's name to know who has reached despair after five minutes of a match...😂

Anyway....what was the question again m'lord?🤔

Much of what you have written I would agree but the rest tells me you have not been to one of our games in a long time.

The most loyal West Brom supporters which is obvious are the ones who travel away - QPR and Huddersfield on a Sunday at 12. Well I was at Huddersfield and the comments all around in the first half mirrored the comments on the board such as walking football - just kick the f uckin ball Palmer etc etc. That’s not to say these supporters at the match don’t love Carlos - they do - or think Palmer is the best keeper in the league - they do! That’s football.

The first half was absolutely shocking against a terrible Huddersfield side and had we gone in 2 nil it could have been curtains!

Negative comments you say! Every one has a view. Prando clearly does not like Bartley and tells us in frequent posts but I think he’s one of our best players by far! I respect Prando’s views as he’s a season ticket holder. Boingy who posts some great stuff said to get rid of Grady. Well Grady has scored two fantastic goals and in my view with confidence could be the great player we have seen and starting to become that again!

Do you know the two players the away supporters were singing about the most yesterday? Bartley and Grady!

Sorry Dubs but you are wrong. The negativity and criticism at the match yesterday was far worse than comments on the board and rightly so. That’s not to say those people don’t love Albion because whilst you’re at home they are spending s hit loads of money and going to away games all over the country. Ask Dan ( 68 ) and he will agree no doubt!

I said I didn’t like Reach - well he’s been decent of late and done what’s asked of him. I have been rightly critical of Furlong but he’s really improved and hats off!

All opinions and views are valued. Go to an away game and you will see what I’m talking about! First half yesterday supporters were fuming as well as disgusted and had a right to be!

I love Carlos but on a number of games we have had to wake up - football pedestrian - too many subs etc etc. That’s the view of many at the away games but hey we all know he’s our best asset!
    Last edited by baggieal; 11-03-2024 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Much of what you have written I would agree but the rest tells me you have not been to one of our games in a long time.

The most loyal West Brom supporters which is obvious are the ones who travel away - QPR and Huddersfield on a Sunday at 12. Well I was at Huddersfield and the comments all around in the first half mirrored the comments on the board such as walking football - just kick the f uckin ball Palmer etc etc. That’s not to say these supporters at the match don’t love Carlos - they do - or think Palmer is the best keeper in the league - they do! That’s football.

The first half was absolutely shocking against a terrible Huddersfield side and had we gone in 2 nil it could have been curtains!

Negative comments you say! Every one has a view. Prando clearly does not like Bartley and tells us in frequent posts but I think he’s one of our best players by far! I respect Prando’s views as he’s a season ticket holder. Boingy who posts some great stuff said to get rid of Grady. Well Grady has scored two fantastic goals and in my view with confidence could be the great player we have seen and starting to become that again!

Do you know the two players the away supporters were singing about the most yesterday? Bartley and Grady!

Sorry Dubs but you are wrong. The negativity and criticism at the match yesterday was far worse than comments on the board and rightly so. That’s not to say those people don’t love Albion because whilst you’re at home they are spending s hit loads of money and going to away games all over the country. Ask Dan ( 68 ) and he will agree no doubt!

I said I didn’t like Reach - well he’s been decent of late and done what’s asked of him. I have been rightly critical of Furlong but he’s really improved and hats off!

All opinions and views are valued. Go to an away game and you will see what I’m talking about! First half yesterday supporters were fuming as well as disgusted and had a right to be!

I love Carlos but on a number of games we have had to wake up - football pedestrian - too many subs etc etc. That’s the view of many at the away games but hey we all know he’s our best asset!
    You’ve ‘hit the nail right on the head’ there al. We all rate Carlos highly but that doesn’t mean that we can’t comment in a negative manner when we see something that we think is not going well. In my humble opinion we are often too pedestrian and I certainly worry about consistently playing out from the back. Regarding the squad, I think that I have the opposite view to many on here as I think at this level we do have a talented bunch of players, but as you say, we all have different opinions, and a good job too!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)