+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The return

The return

Not been on since before Xmas, nit been so could but I have been busy as I found and old record player in the attic.
    That old it was one of those wind up ones. No electricity or batteries needed. You wind the handle and eventually get enough power to make it go round. Luckily there was an old 78 record with it.
    It was called “When I was a lad” by Gilbert and Sullivan.
    I put the record on and it sounded great until it got to the chorus and then it kept sticking and repeating it. So I tried another stylus but with the same result and even a third one. After that I gave up as it was a waste of time.
    So hopefully I will be back more often with a few more comments on what a great team we seem to be producing

😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Not been on since before Xmas, nit been so could but I have been busy as I found and old record player in the attic.
    That old it was one of those wind up ones. No electricity or batteries needed. You wind the handle and eventually get enough power to make it go round. Luckily there was an old 78 record with it.
    It was called “When I was a lad” by Gilbert and Sullivan.
    I put the record on and it sounded great until it got to the chorus and then it kept sticking and repeating it. So I tried another stylus but with the same result and even a third one. After that I gave up as it was a waste of time.
    So hopefully I will be back more often with a few more comments on what a great team we seem to be producing
    I remember that record, far superior to anything produced today. And weren’t the verses all the same as well as the choruses?

Good to see you again, hopefully to see us get 'back on track' ...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    I remember that record, far superior to anything produced today. And weren’t the verses all the same as well as the choruses?
    When I was a lad I served a term
    As office boy to an Attorney's firm.
    I cleaned the windows and I swept the floor,
    And I polished up the handle of the big front door.
    I polished up that handle so carefullee
    That now I am the Ruler of the Queen's Navee!

Yes, if you put football instead of music...

Actually I am a music person and played and sung oldish songs to people in my MIL's care home for 4 years a few times a week and even after she passed away I carried on doing it until Covid struck. But I cannot understand why anyone wants to return to vinyl records...May as well go back to 78rpm stuff...stratch? You just named the real problem and sound technology was poor compared with now and the stuff you need to play them. I have a couple of mics and an excellent cordless speaker and an acoustic guitar and it sounded pretty good, the residents loved it......I must stop bragging... My throat is pretty rough now though!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 10-03-2024 at 09:05 PM.

I think you got it !!

Hello! Welcome back!👋