+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Realistically ,how many of the current squad would get in the 2010 munto team.I am not sure any of them would.If that is the case then we are a long way off a promotion team.
    Realistically, can we use Monopoly money again to cheat our way to a promotion?

I'm getting really fed up of people constantly posting about "consolidation", how is it consolidation to be in the automatic promotion spot, then a play off spot for over half the season then just plummet down the table. That is NOT "consolidation" so I don't want to see people constantly referring to it as it simply hasn't happened. Laughable that we have players such as Jodi Jones, Macaulay Langstaff, D avid Mcgoldrick and Dan Crowley yet people think consolidation is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I'm getting really fed up of people constantly posting about "consolidation", how is it consolidation to be in the automatic promotion spot, then a play off spot for over half the season then just plummet down the table. That is NOT "consolidation" so I don't want to see people constantly referring to it as it simply hasn't happened. Laughable that we have players such as Jodi Jones, Macaulay Langstaff, D avid Mcgoldrick and Dan Crowley yet people think consolidation is fine.
    Well, there's certainly no point talking about it now as we've come completely off track.

A great pity, as we'd would've been fine - adding the likes of Macari, Robbo, hopefully Jatta to a good core of players - JJ, Palmer, Maca, Cedwyn, Baldwin, Crowley...
    We don't have to accept descending into chaos, but howlers have to be admitted and corrected

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    You can add Nemane , McGoldrick & Chicksen to that list..
    .. and with Langstaff, Jones and Crowley gone, we realistically looking at replacing a minimum of 14 players next season. That will show how ambitious our owners are.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post
    Hopefully the bros have realised their oversight regarding the defence, and will prioritise that in the summer.
    This is the crux. We've brought in attacking players who aren't playing (Jatta, Morais for example) instead of what we desperately needed, an experienced, tough centre half who can provide the on-field leadership we desperately need

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    .. and with Langstaff, Jones and Crowley gone, we realistically looking at replacing a minimum of 14 players next season. That will show how ambitious our owners are.
    So we will get the excuse the team need to "gell" bull with that amount of players needed

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I quoted consolidation because that was the concensus of pre-season opinion with regard to our first season back. I was being sarcastic because we can't consilidate now.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    So we will get the excuse the team need to "gell" bull with that amount of players needed
    Unless we can shift some out, we're going to end up with a stupidly sized squad

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Unless we can shift some out, we're going to end up with a stupidly sized squad
    Would you trust the recruitment team to bring 14 players in, after the shambles of this season? especially January when we were still in the mix & needed that bit of quality brought in

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Would you trust the recruitment team to bring 14 players in, after the shambles of this season? especially January when we were still in the mix & needed that bit of quality brought in
    Robertson was an excellent signing in January
    But ignoring how badly we need defenders was negligent at best

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast