+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts: Carlisle Utd-v-Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I read somewhere we were about average in pricing for Third Division football.
    If you think on where you read it then please post info as I wouldn"t mind looking at that , not that it makes a blind bit of difference but the curious side of me would find it interesting .

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    He seems to be brutally honest tbf. The gulf in skill, athleticism and desire was apparent last night and even the other teams at the bottom have more of those than us. We need a complete rebuild starting as soon as this season finishes. I also can’t see him losing his temper; he’s a cancer survivor and doesn’t need the stress. He may well upset players in other ways though.
    I only watched the first half griff but once we got back level after conceding yet another poor goal they looked to be only one winner from there .

With the new owners providing the investment there's no reason why you can't bounce back and make a better fist of it next time .

We actually don't consider ourselves that big a deal as a team this season , we've had way better teams at this level who either went up automatic or through the play offs and both those teams would beat our current one pretty convincingly in my opinion .

Saying that and with all due respect there's a significant gap in quality from the top 6 to those club's below half way in the league and that's down to pretty much how much you can outlay in wages .

Our wage bill is £9.2m and I suspect Carlisle aren't probably paying anywhere near that .

That's probably the kind of investment you are going to need annually to really kick on in this league .

All the best to you for the rest of the season and I suspect it won't be 39 years until we meet in the league again .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    If you think on where you read it then please post info as I wouldn"t mind looking at that , not that it makes a blind bit of difference but the curious side of me would find it interesting .
    Can't do links but Google "Football League World League One Season Ticket prices" Only 2023/4 available up to now. Barnsley come out as sixth most expensive for the cheapest adult seat in the ground.
    Enjoy the read.

Can't do links but Google "Football League World League One Season Ticket prices" Only 2023/4 available up to now. Barnsley come out as sixth most expensive for the cheapest adult seat in the ground.
    Enjoy the read.
    Cheers , will do , although we cannot compare until everyone announces their renewal prices for next season & of course whilst ours will be the same should we will be in the championship then the comparisons would be against all the other 23 championship clubs but to be honest I doubt this will happen .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Griff, have any of your fans said this season.. "What was the point in coming up, what was the point in winning Promotion, etc ?".
    We've gone through this before and asked the same question, when it looks like we're just going straight back down again with a whimper. ☹️
    We came up through the playoffs without a plan from the old BoD nor much investment in the squad, I don’t think they expected us to make it. As soon as the season started it was apparent that the gap in quality between EFL1 and EFL2 was bigger than the Club or supporters anticipated. We were in the fourth tier for too many years and this season has been an eye opener and an education. We should be better prepared next time, assuming that there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I only watched the first half griff but once we got back level after conceding yet another poor goal they looked to be only one winner from there .

With the new owners providing the investment there's no reason why you can't bounce back and make a better fist of it next time .

We actually don't consider ourselves that big a deal as a team this season , we've had way better teams at this level who either went up automatic or through the play offs and both those teams would beat our current one pretty convincingly in my opinion .

Saying that and with all due respect there's a significant gap in quality from the top 6 to those club's below half way in the league and that's down to pretty much how much you can outlay in wages .

Our wage bill is £9.2m and I suspect Carlisle aren't probably paying anywhere near that .

That's probably the kind of investment you are going to need annually to really kick on in this league .

All the best to you for the rest of the season and I suspect it won't be 39 years until we meet in the league again .
    Ta mate, see my response to Acido. Strangely, for the first time in our history, we may have the money and backing to pay the sort of money that’ll be needed. We really, really need Everton to sell Branthwaite for good money this summer as we have a really good (17.5 or 20%) sell-on clause. The new owners are investing in the ground, new training facilities and the squad and it won’t come cheap.

Thanks for your hospitality lads! Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Cheers , will do , although we cannot compare until everyone announces their renewal prices for next season & of course whilst ours will be the same should we will be in the championship then the comparisons would be against all the other 23 championship clubs but to be honest I doubt this will happen .
    Yes Shads there are all kinds of factors involved when comparisons are made eg quality of seating/ standing, nearly one third of the league (seven clubs) swap leagues from the Third Division at the end of each season and some fans will buy a ST to watch a lower league the following season.
    All you can do is make a broad comparison using this seasons prices and my post was challenging the view that Barnsley FC ST prices are amongst the best/ cheapest around when in fact they around average for their league.

With Peterborough's 3-1 win over Stevenage last night it leaves Lincoln only three points off the sixth place Play Off spot.

I would be a tad edgy if we came up against Lincoln in the Play Offs.

With Peterborough's 3-1 win over Stevenage last night it leaves Lincoln only three points off the sixth place Play Off spot.

I would be a tad edgy if we came up against Lincoln in the Play Offs.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing SB , Lincoln are us in 2016 other than they haven't come from the bottom of the league .

Saying that there isn't a team we are likely to meet that I'd want us to meet , they are all capable of rolling us over .

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast