+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts: Carlisle Utd-v-Barnsley

Usual sloppy start but came back into it against a spirited yet poor Carlisle side. I think Cosgrove has played well and has shown some good centre forward play. McAtee looks a bit off the pace and slow to play the ball to a team-mate. I'd hook him for Cole after an hour or even now at half time. Cole offers more pace and better movement and would worry the Carlisle defence. We need to test their goalkeeper more in the second half. We've had plenty of shots but not many on target. I'd be hugely disappointed if we don't go on to win this.

Thought we looked a lot better second half and were in control. Nervy last 5/10 minutes still though.

Another good 3 points away from home. Let’s make sure we get another 3 points at home on Saturday.

I’d give Cosgrove M.O.M for us tonight, he worked his socks off, Cole was shocking when he came on couldn’t pass to a white shirt to save his life. The defence is a shambles, I know Russell scored but my god watching him trek back or chase a player is painful, he looks like he has lead boots on!
    3 points but 2-3 away to the bottom club is not that good, thank god we had Luca in midfield, he hasn’t played that well the last few games but he was awesome tonight.

Only 3? FFS lads.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I’d give Cosgrove M.O.M for us tonight, he worked his socks off, Cole was shocking when he came on couldn’t pass to a white shirt to save his life. The defence is a shambles, I know Russell scored but my god watching him trek back or chase a player is painful, he looks like he has lead boots on!
    3 points but 2-3 away to the bottom club is not that good, thank god we had Luca in midfield, he hasn’t played that well the last few games but he was awesome tonight.
    I agree with Cosgrove, my man of match too. Must start again on Saturday.

I actually thought Russell did quite well, once he’d settled into the game after the first 20 minutes or so. He’s never going to be any good at tracking back it seems but he used the ball well tonight and won plenty of duels.

Thank goodness we can score goals.

So we have now won 25 points from falling behind this season the most in the division and equaled a club record in any division with the number of away wins, so let’s not celebrate eh. Quite remarkable I have to say.

The results are all that matters at this part of the season and now we have some interesting fixtures this weekend with top teams playing each other.

Cole, cant keep the ball at his feet at all. Quick flick on, or loses it to the opposition…
    Poor tonight, but his contribution this season cant be denied. Played tonight like he was wearing clown boots….

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Ta mate. We had our season in the sun and it will never be forgotten.
    Seasons in the sun ehh Griffer, was Terry Jacks your manager then ?. 😁

Eee I Eee I Eee I O
    Up the Football League we go,
    When we win promotion
    This is what we'll sing-
    We are Barnsley, We are Barnsley,
    Collins is Our King.

A good window to launch the 2024/25 Season Ticket sales.

Doug O’Kane
    Roberts minor injury. Could play Saturday. Pines won’t be back by then but Collins thinks he will play again this season.
    It seems we have another mystery on Grove Street.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast