+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Think this nails it. If we had delivered in the games where we failed to turn up we wouldn't be having to worry about Raith.
    eg that shocking performance at Hampden
    But it's in our hands, we just need to focus on each game.

Can't put my finger on it but I sense a new determination to get this league won. The players were absolutely together and really pumped at the final whistle at Cappielow. Arbroath brushed aside, a poor Arbroath yes, so let's get over to Dunfermline and get the points.

That’s it let’s head down there and get all three points 3️⃣

No point thinking about what has gone before. Still in our hands and we are in a real battle.

Every point is going to be massive right up to the end

Come on United !!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsup View Post
    The play off though! What a night, one of the loudest cheers ever! Hopefully we will not need that sort of drama this season.
    My heart couldn’t cope with that. It struggled 28 year ago, no danger it would manage now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Can we give the blizzard of stats a rest! All that matters is winning the next game 🙈
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Said poster is also one of our own. 😉

No 'big' injuries in the starting 11 that's doing the rounds. Couple of changes.
    Ye, Tilson starts 🫣

No artificial pitch good. On the other hand

Comment from a Pars fan

"The main stand side of the pitch is going to be horrific tonight. It’s bad enough at the best of times, but there’ll be no way of playing football on that side of the park, after this rain. It will be a swamp."

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Ye, Tilson starts 🫣
    Surely we should be confident enough with sibbald and docherty in middle of the park to beat Dunfermline? Tilson is a disruptor, but unfortunately he disrupts us as much as the opposition with his passing and needless fouls 😡

I guess it's his new go to formula for away games after Morton, away form hasn't exactly been poor to now though. I don't see many goals in that line up either, grieve and watt are not obvious goalscorers or great finishers.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I guess it's his new go to formula for away games after Morton, away form hasn't exactly been poor to now though. I don't see many goals in that line up either, grieve and watt are not obvious goalscorers or great finishers.
    Both did fine last week, Watt has scored pretty regularly the last few months too.

Surely we should be confident enough with sibbald and docherty in middle of the park to beat Dunfermline? Tilson is a disruptor, but unfortunately he disrupts us as much as the opposition with his passing and needless fouls 😡
    To be fair to the guy Tillson was excellent against Morton, got box to box several times, made a real menace of himself, unlucky not to notch a goal and made a lot of defensive interventions. He's not Iniesta 😄 but neither is Middleton Ronaldo.

It's a very aggressive lineup but it needs to get the job done.

C'mon United 🧡

Walton
    Thomson
    Holt
    Gallagher
    McMann

Docherty
    Sibbald Tillson

Watt
    Greive
    Moult

Is the predicted team 😎
    433 I think.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)