+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Thing is though, many people have been saying for months that the form of Grimshaw, McMann, Kai, Middleton, Watt and Moult has been inconsistent at best, and more often downright poor. Didnt see much of tonights game, but i saw flashes of last seasons McMann and have to ask why is that?
    That's a bit tough on Mcmann, been one of our best players this season imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    That's a bit tough on Mcmann, been one of our best players this season imo.
    Its not as tough as you think as up to a point he was probably the most consistent ive seen him, but i have seen a drop in his performances over the last few or more games. Its just the same as what i saw in Grimshaw over a similar period before he was dropped. There may be a reason for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Its not as tough as you think as up to a point he was probably the most consistent ive seen him, but i have seen a drop in his performances over the last few or more games. Its just the same as what i saw in Grimshaw over a similar period before he was dropped. There may be a reason for this.
    I don't think mcmanns form is an issue, he is probably in our top 5 consistent performers, poor tonight, but who wasn't, none more so than the manager. He has lost the plot since the Raith defeat. Clubs lack of recruitment strategy also coming home to roost. That's on ogren.

So can any of the happy clappers still be clapping and chanting Goodwins name as they tuck themselves into their fluffy dream cloud beds at night.

Its time for reality checks and this club have been willing for too long to accept fifth best in every aspect. Goodwin has to go.

Even if some of his signings are half decent or even if he was allowed to sign Ronaldo, his formations and in match abilities are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    So can any of the happy clappers still be clapping and chanting Goodwins name as they tuck themselves into their fluffy dream cloud beds at night.
    No one is doing this. 🤔

The line up, the formation was wrong. Even taking that fck up in to consideration when United players come out pumped up and ready to play at a good tempo we generally get results. We didn't do that either. It is hardly surprising when pre match JG said "we want them to stay nice and calm" they come out playing a very pedestrian style. JG needs to look at his own methods when he thinks players perform 'below par'

Goodwin needs to get back to basics and get Grimshaw back to RB and push Thompson up a bit just in front of him. Even though Grimshaw's distribution has been 5hite for a wee while now he's still part of our best back 4 and is a solid defender so God knows what Goodwin was thinking about on Friday but it should be remembered that the goals we conceded were due to player error and not wholly down to the manager's tinkering......also the form of our 5 forwards Kai,Watt,Moult,Grieve and Middleton has been crap recently so you can probably understand the tinkering with those 5 as none of them have stuck out as 1st pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Goodwin needs to get back to basics and get Grimshaw back to RB and push Thompson up a bit just in front of him. Even though Grimshaw's distribution has been 5hite for a wee while now he's still part of our best back 4 and is a solid defender so God knows what Goodwin was thinking about on Friday but it should be remembered that the goals we conceded were due to player error and not wholly down to the manager's tinkering......also the form of our 5 forwards Kai,Watt,Moult,Grieve and Middleton has been crap recently so you can probably understand the tinkering with those 5 as none of them have stuck out as 1st pick.
    Spot on, I've been saying this about Grimshaw since the game after Raith, the Queens park one, he should never have dropped Grimshaw after the Raith game, I like Thomson but he is no right back, he needs to be further ahead

Our goals against record with Grimshaw not starting at right back recently is awful (minus Arbroath at home which barely counts) the only time he's played there recently was Morton away, cleansheet

Why he listened to nuggets that were calling Grimshaw shyte I'll never know, he's solid as feck at this level as right back, he was for Morton last season too

Goodwin has made mostly correct decisions this season, most changes were due to injury, since Raith away he's lost the plot and it's now him potentially costing us the title/promotion

Back to basics next week, the only decision should be which two of Middleton/Kai/Thomson to play wide

I dont see a difference in the back 4 if its Thomson or Grimshaw in there, and while i have not seen enough of last nights game to make a opinion, from what ive seen and read, its the 2 in the middle turning into donkeys last night that done for us!

Your awfy good at trying to make excuses outside of the real reason why we have not put Raith to bed yet this season. Total and utter ignorance to the bigger picture of why the team is collectively sh!te and building cases "when Docs not there, STAT, STAT, STAT!" "when Grims not in, STAT, STAT, STAT!" But the real reason for all the draws and defeats is we simply do not have a squad that appears to be good enough to see out this league as winners.

And how does any of us know that JG has been making changes just for the sake of it? Grimshaw was most definitely dropping his standards game after game before he was dropped. Have you ever considered that it may be fatigue or injury related as he has been an ever present until recently.

Again, we may not have the luxury to play everyone all of the time for the above reasons, but if they are gonna be top performers, then its Kai and Middleton in support of Moult and Watt, with the added threat of McMann and Thomson assisting. But nobody in our team are showing enough consistency when its needed!

Worst thing about last night is the changes weren't even complicated, they were obvious, just make the subbies and revert to Saturday formation, at least do something! Instead of just standing on the touchline looking like a guy waiting on the last bus that left 15 minutes ago.

Even up to last night I thought we'd sneak over the line, not now, not after what the disruption the manager made to team v Airdrie and now Dunfermline. It's almost like he's flummoxed himself.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)