+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Worst thing about last night is the changes weren't even complicated, they were obvious, just make the subbies and revert to Saturday formation, at least do something! Instead of just standing on the touchline looking like a guy waiting on the last bus that left 15 minutes ago.

Even up to last night I thought we'd sneak over the line, not now, not after what the disruption the manager made to team v Airdrie and now Dunfermline. It's almost like he's flummoxed himself.
    IMO he thinks he's got a squad that's good enough to rotate at will and still get the required result but if he thinks that then he's delusional.......just play the strongest 11 available and stop ****1ng about.

I don't think mcmanns form is an issue, he is probably in our top 5 consistent performers, poor tonight, but who wasn't, none more so than the manager. He has lost the plot since the Raith defeat. Clubs lack of recruitment strategy also coming home to roost. That's on ogren.
    Up to a point in the season he was consistent, but last few games he has not been his usual self. And like i asked, is there a reason for this and him regressing to some traits he showed last season? His reaction to one of the goals last night was of absolute resignation to the inevitable just like he showed last season. Is he allowing a negative influence to get to him?

On JG, im definitely gonna sound like im making excuses for him, but quite a bit of my thinking on that score points to Ogren anyway. As i said somewhere last night, i dont think the budget has been as big as some are making it out to be. While we have made some very good signings for the best match day team on paper, the ones to back them up are nowhere near good enough when in some cases, that inevitable injury comes along.

Our recruitment strategy is non existent if it has to rely on moving people on to free up space, and Ogren had oversight on what got us there while the previous DoF frittered the money away. JG is the recruitment team now and he cant get all he wants if he is not given the money or support in the first place.

Worst thing about last night is the changes weren't even complicated, they were obvious, just make the subbies and revert to Saturday formation, at least do something! Instead of just standing on the touchline looking like a guy waiting on the last bus that left 15 minutes ago.

Even up to last night I thought we'd sneak over the line, not now, not after what the disruption the manager made to team v Airdrie and now Dunfermline. It's almost like he's flummoxed himself.
    everybody saying play the team and formation that started Saturday, not buying that argument. Arbroath are soo bad the team last night would have neat them comfortably

We’re simply a bang average team in a shocking league with lots of other bang average teams.

We had a decent run of form 1st quarter then started a slide in form. Never managed to recapture it unfortunately. Likewise Raith, Patrick, Morton all had their own runs at different points but nobody able to sustain it.

So stands to reason that over a season we’ve all averaged out. Now it’s a scrap and not convinced that we have what it takes for that type of situation.

Strap yourselves in boys it going to get even more bump!!!

watching a dodgy stream here and QP all over Raith

I’m not understanding the despair gents.
    Despite the abject team selection, tactics and performance from possibly one of the worst teams in our history all we have to do is win seven games to wrap up the league.
    Who can stop us.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Despite the abject team selection, tactics and performance from possibly one of the worst teams in our history all we have to do is win seven games to wrap up the league.
    Who can stop us.
    That's an easy one to answer. Ourselves.

Was meant to be tongue in cheek Terry but I guess your answer will be agreed with by most of us.

Was meant to be tongue in cheek Terry but I guess your answer will be agreed with by most of us.
    Yeah, sorry I should have added an emoji. 🙂

Who can stop us.
    Unbelieveably though if we can beat Raith in 2 weeks we only need to win 6 games out of the 7 and might even be less should they drop any more points. Who will stumble over the line first ??

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)