+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No game 23rd March, get down to Clifton.

No game 23rd March, get down to Clifton.

Rotherham Titans Play Leeds unbeaten all season,Titans second in league who just won 10 games on the trot.10 of us going.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Rotherham Titans Play Leeds unbeaten all season,Titans second in league who just won 10 games on the trot.10 of us going.
    Bristol's a long way to go to watch some egg chasing!

What times kick off pal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    What times kick off pal ?
    It’s 2pm mate.Should be a great game & atmosphere.

It’s 2pm mate.Should be a great game & atmosphere.
    If you interested contact mailto:tony@titans-rugby.com

If you interested contact mailto:tony@titans-rugby.com
    Cheers pal me my brother and both sons are going. I’ll get in touch with Tony for tickets 👍🏻👍🏻

For anyone interested this is the current table https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-un...ague-two/table

If all went as well as hoped, the Titans 'could' draw level on 103 points. It's not quite the heady days of the Premiership, or even the Championship when Rotherham were always fighting at the top and averaging crowds of around 1,800 per game, but worth coming along to support the town.

Quote Originally Posted by botty1963 View Post
    For anyone interested this is the current table https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-un...ague-two/table

If all went as well as hoped, the Titans 'could' draw level on 103 points. It's not quite the heady days of the Premiership, or even the Championship when Rotherham were always fighting at the top and averaging crowds of around 1,800 per game, but worth coming along to support the town.
    Not the heady days as you say Steve but a better level as far as the ethos of Rugby Union is concerned. Full of proper Rugby Clubs. National 1 and 2 is a far better level and it could be argued that National 2 is better as it is regionalised.

I think though the Titans were hard done by to end up in Nat 2 due to the incomplete season during Covid and feel their natural level is National 1 from the point of view that the Premiership and the Championship are in a complete mess. I could expand but this is not the forum to do so.

I firmly believe that Roth will get back to Nat 1 if not this season, certainly next, and I believe they will beat Leeds, but unfortunately I don’t expect Leeds to drop any more points after that, which will make it difficult for Roth to overtake them given the current 139 points difference considering also there are so few games left.

Just bringing this back to the top.

Both Roth & Leeds had bonus point wins yesterday which leaves Roth still 5 points behind Leeds with 4 games remaining.
    Leeds win was a thumping one which effectively means overhauling them on points difference is out of the question, anything but a 5 point win for Roth, (that is Roth get a win with a 4 try bonus and STOP Leeds both getting within 7 points of Roths total score AND a four try bonus point).

Even if Roth achieved this they would still have to win their remaining 3 games (Sheffield Tigers away, Preston Grasshoppers at home and Billingham away) all with a 5 point bonus points and rely on Leeds failing to get the same return from their remaining 3 games against Tynedale at home, Fylde away and Sheffield at home.

Leeds would not necessarily be happy losing by any score, but I believe would take a scenario which leaves them ahead of Roth on actual points , come next Saturday night. However, make no mistake, Leeds are quite capable of winning at Clifton Lane, meaning that Roth will need to be on their game for the full 80+ minutes, take their chances, and not give up easy penalties or points as has been the case in numerous games this season.

There will be a 2 week break after next weekend, before the next round of National 2 North fixtures. So what better way than for everyone to get down to Clifton Lane and get behind the lads. The venue is well known as an intimidating venue for opponents with the legendary Shed, so any extra voices to support the cause would be appreciated.

There will be a big crowd so get there early. Kick off is 2pm so get there early, or contact the club re ticketing during this week.

SENDEMOAMWINOWTROTH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Not the heady days as you say Steve but a better level as far as the ethos of Rugby Union is concerned. Full of proper Rugby Clubs. National 1 and 2 is a far better level and it could be argued that National 2 is better as it is regionalised.

I think though the Titans were hard done by to end up in Nat 2 due to the incomplete season during Covid and feel their natural level is National 1 from the point of view that the Premiership and the Championship are in a complete mess. I could expand but this is not the forum to do so.

I firmly believe that Roth will get back to Nat 1 if not this season, certainly next, and I believe they will beat Leeds, but unfortunately I don’t expect Leeds to drop any more points after that, which will make it difficult for Roth to overtake them given the current 139 points difference considering also there are so few games left.
    You are spot on Nard about ethos and the Prem and The Championship. My Son was at Doncaster Knights and I have travelled all over ,over the years ,and have a fair understanding of how the game is perceived from within and from the outside. It is nothing like football what so ever.The finance is simply not there.Anyway,like you say,this is not the forum to go into it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast