+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley game

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I'm here Griffer lol, Im just biding my time.
    I bet you've looked at both of the defeats to us this season and thought "how on earth are they in or even near the top 4" etc. ��
    Well we keep asking ourselves that same question, especially after Satdy's shocker against Lincoln!.
    Nice to see you popping over mate, you won’t find anyone here arguing that you weren’t the better side last night. Story of our season that. A goodish start then abject capitulation. We got no breaks at all though we’ll no doubt get another letter of apology from the referees body for the penalty that wasn’t given; we can paper a small room with all of them that we’ve got this season, including one for the penalty you were given at the death at your place. We just need this season over so we can start again.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Defensively he is a total nightmare.

His positional play, inability to read the game and inability to mark a man are beyond a joke.

Any praise he has ever had is for his fitness levels and desire to get forward. Unfortunately that is not enough to justify a place in the team at this level.

Deliberately, in my opinion, Phillips and Lumsden do all they can to protect him.

As he was on Saturday, he was to blame for the first goal again tonight. but they chose to ignore his mistake and instead tried to blame it on Lewis. This was not based on what they had seen with their own eyes, but on texts they had received from people viewing on iPlayer!

Shortly after the goal, Mellish made an abortion of trying to control a simple pass, giving Barnsley another opportunity to break clear. This time Phillips said it was Robinson who had lost possession. Lumsden did nothing to correct him.

It is a recurring theme.

Despite the best attempts of those playing alongside him at the back, he can't be organised and repeatedly causes chaos in our defence. I genuinely feel sorry for the poor bas****s trying to play alongside him.

He may well be a "good lad" but why not try leaving him out for once and see how the defence performs without him?
    Add to that that he has the subtle touch of a walrus and that’s it 100%.

Hey Griffer, I've mentioned this on our board as well lol. Paul Simmo sounds like a decent honest boss who gives credit where he thinks its deserved.
    Is he popular with your fans then, do you want him to stay on, as you will surely be hoping to come back up to Lg One again. 👍

And yo Griffer, Id post a lot more on here if it was a bit busier lol.
    We've got Chalky the County kid messing about with his I'd names again (Chaincey FFS!!). 😁
    And where's uncle Alf my fellow Burnsley supporting dingle fan ?. 😊

One of my best mates is a Burnley fan & he’s keeping a low profile 😎😀

And yo Griffer, Id post a lot more on here if it was a bit busier lol.
    We've got Chalky the County kid messing about with his I'd names again (Chaincey FFS!!). 😁
    ;
    Oh we are very select lot on here Acido,you’ve got to a pass various tests and problem solving before you can join the clique,there’s been a couple of new posters recently who’ve appeared who have been red carded merely for daring to join in

Funny that Chalky, I haven’t banned anyone for many months. Most of them just wander off of their own accord.

Acido - Alf’s in the predictocomp but doesn’t post much otherwise.

And everyone's in the clique including Chalky, which sort of defeats the idea of there being a clique.

Hey Griffer, I've mentioned this on our board as well lol. Paul Simmo sounds like a decent honest boss who gives credit where he thinks its deserved.
    Is he popular with your fans then, do you want him to stay on, as you will surely be hoping to come back up to Lg One again. ��
    Depends on who you ask. According to our commentators most want him to stay but I think it’s nearer 50/50 My lad wants him gone now. I’d rather give him the first 10 games of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    Oh we are very select lot on here Acido,you’ve got to a pass various tests and problem solving before you can join the clique,there’s been a couple of new posters recently who’ve appeared who have been red carded merely for daring to join in
    Pahh!!, thats absolute nonsense Mr Chalky lol.
    And can you please return all that rhubarb you stole when you were in Wakey, or else..!. 😳

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Depends on who you ask. According to our commentators most want him to stay but I think it’s nearer 50/50 My lad wants him gone now. I’d rather give him the first 10 games of next season.
    I suppose expectations count for a lot as well Griff.
    I've never known my team as a Lg Two/Fourth Division team, in the time I've supported them. And this is from season '80 onwards, under Clarke & Hunter!.
    I/we think we have every right to expect to do well and to challenge for promotion in Lg One.
    But then again, what do we know as fans ehh!. 😬

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)