+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley game

Barnsley game

Where’s Acido when you want him. Anyway, they’re not happy after Saturday…

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/carlisle.328871/

Give Gibson a go at them, they’ll be nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Where’s Acido when you want him. Anyway, they’re not happy after Saturday…

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/carlisle.328871/

Give Gibson a go at them, they’ll be nervous.
    Not as nervous as we will be every time they get anywhere near our goal.

Gonna be a tough game no matter how you look at it as they took a 1-5 twonking last Saturday against Lincoln at Oakwell so they will be looking to bounce back from that and strengthen their hold in the playoffs

Hide behind the settee Cumbrians

Bet 365 has a Carlisle win at 11/2, a draw at 3/1 and Barnsley win at 4/7

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    That really shows how bad we are!

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    NCFC are on a slide as well… 😎

Seriously, could someone please tell me wtf Mellish is for?

I know that you lost and at the end of the day it’s all about points but I don’t see it as the disaster that it could’ve been,look at FGR they was dead and buried a few weeks ago but they’ve dragged themselves out of the bottom two

I'm here Griffer lol, Im just biding my time.
    I bet you've looked at both of the defeats to us this season and thought "how on earth are they in or even near the top 4" etc. 🤔
    Well we keep asking ourselves that same question, especially after Satdy's shocker against Lincoln!.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Seriously, could someone please tell me wtf Mellish is for?
    Defensively he is a total nightmare.

His positional play, inability to read the game and inability to mark a man are beyond a joke.

Any praise he has ever had is for his fitness levels and desire to get forward. Unfortunately that is not enough to justify a place in the team at this level.

Deliberately, in my opinion, Phillips and Lumsden do all they can to protect him.

As he was on Saturday, he was to blame for the first goal again tonight. but they chose to ignore his mistake and instead tried to blame it on Lewis. This was not based on what they had seen with their own eyes, but on texts they had received from people viewing on iPlayer!

Shortly after the goal, Mellish made an abortion of trying to control a simple pass, giving Barnsley another opportunity to break clear. This time Phillips said it was Robinson who had lost possession. Lumsden did nothing to correct him.

It is a recurring theme.

Despite the best attempts of those playing alongside him at the back, he can't be organised and repeatedly causes chaos in our defence. I genuinely feel sorry for the poor bas****s trying to play alongside him.

He may well be a "good lad" but why not try leaving him out for once and see how the defence performs without him?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)