+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Crawley 12.03.24 [EFL L2]

Another thought… they could just be knackered. How many injuries have we had that have many players haven’t been rotated? Scott, Baj, Palmer, Chicken, Randell, TAR. They may have only played but parts (I think Scott and Palmer are the exceptions), but those injuries have meant that certain players have played more than we would want. Add in a poor run and the pressure that brings, and a dose of no confidence and you could see how form may drop off. It won’t be the whole story, but it can’t help.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Looks like there might be some meat on the bone?

" And to top it all off, he has had a huge falling out with both Bostock and McGoldrick. Thats why we havent seen them.."

"The two lads on Notts County Talk mentioned it last night after the game and said they'll mention more about it on their next show it's usually on a Thursday night about 8 00."

And yes it is speculation.
    Well we know Mcgoldrick got injured and hasn’t played since and SM said last night Bostock was injured and hoped to have him back next game, but possibly covering up? Tbf Bostock hasn’t played well for a while before SM arrived.

I thought Mcgoldrick was out with a dead leg but he's been out for 3 weeks now, how long does it normally take players to recover from a dead leg.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Looks like there might be some meat on the bone?

" And to top it all off, he has had a huge falling out with both Bostock and McGoldrick. Thats why we havent seen them.."

"The two lads on Notts County Talk mentioned it last night after the game and said they'll mention more about it on their next show it's usually on a Thursday night about 8 00."

And yes it is speculation.
    They could be the same source though, the old someone puts something made up on a forum, it’s read and quoted, then again and before long it’s ‘fact’. If they mention it in Notts County Talk then they need to come up with credible sources, not just ‘I’ve heard..’ or ‘There’s talk… ‘ Do they have access to any better information than we do? I’m not sure.

If it is true, then he’s a dead man walking.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well we know Mcgoldrick got injured and hasn’t played since and SM said last night Bostock was injured and hoped to have him back next game, but possibly covering up? Tbf Bostock hasn’t played well for a while before SM arrived.
    As I said earlier SM wouldn’t have said that last night if he had left him out for good he isn’t that daft and with Robertson being banned we need Bostock in the side or at the very least on the bench.

As for falling out Ferguson had them in his day with big players dropped for a few games then got them back in it happens to all clubs.

I would say even when LW was here and the mood was great last season there would have been some disagreements on the training pitch this is standard in sport as I’ve heard several players/managers say it themselves.

It is also worth remembering when at work you might work in a team of say 15-20 people now you do your best to get on with everyone but it doesn’t mean you get on with them that’s life same in footy, cricket, rugby I guess.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031