+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Crawley 12.03.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I agree, any footballer with any sense of pride doesn’t let their levels drop.
    The only issue is you can get players sowing the seed and that’s when you need senior pros to get a grip of the dressing room and I would hope the likes of JOB are doing that.
    Maynard in my view isn’t a total clueless idiot, he’s a decent guy so if some players are kicking off it’s more on them. As I’ve said on another post, owners need to know what’s happening on the ground, it’s not good for owners to listen to players usually but a couple of trusted ones like JOB probably is a good idea at the moment.
    Yes all true but seeing people say things like DM/JB have fell out with him etc well is that even true DM went off injured against Crewe so it’s fair to say he is still injured.

JB has also had his fair share of injuries too so again it’s likely he is injured too.

As for falling out it’s highly competitive sport and yes things will get said in training / dressing room this is standard stuff and is usually fine the next day.

We are very lucky to have 47 points let’s put it that way but as I have said for a while next season is the real concern

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I didn’t see last night’s game, but I don’t think any of the players on the pitch have ‘downed tools’ or aren’t playing for the coach(can’t speak about the players that have inexplicably disappeared). What I have seen since Maynard took charge is that any sense of coherence, planning or strategy has gone, which can often make it look like they aren’t too bothered.

As people have said before, the most important thing a successful coach can do is make it 100% certain that every player absolutely knows their role within the team, and that’s what Maynard has fundamentally failed to do.
    Yes and I agree with that I have been very consistent in why we did better under LW as he had a clear game plan which you can see.

As I said last night those two wins after Xmas are huge huge results with our form.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

We are very lucky to have 47 points let’s put it that way but as I have said for a while next season is the real concern
    Maynard is setting the bar so low that mid-table next season will be touted as progress.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Maynard is setting the bar so low that mid-table next season will be touted as progress.
    Stop with those lofty heights 22nd will do !

JB has also had his fair share of injuries too so again it’s likely he is injured too.
    JB was subbed off against Crewe, he was on the bench v Sutton but didn't get on (not injured?) didn't even make the bench v Wombles or last night. Injured in training? More likely thought who the F are you to hook me and then put me on the bench next game. On a side note it's nice to see Crowley is back on form, funny how that coincided with JB going AWOL (possibly).

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    JB was subbed off against Crewe, he was on the bench v Sutton but didn't get on (not injured?) didn't even make the bench v Wombles or last night. Injured in training? More likely thought who the F are you to hook me and then put me on the bench next game. On a side note it's nice to see Crowley is back on form, funny how that coincided with JB going AWOL (possibly).
    Well that is pure speculation isn’t it and does Bostock strike you as being like that ?

I just don’t think Maynard is stupid enough to completely leave out 2 players who if on form walk into the team out of the 18 altogether they must be injured.

Well that is pure speculation isn’t it and does Bostock strike you as being like that ?

I just don’t think Maynard is stupid enough to completely leave out 2 players who if on form walk into the team out of the 18 altogether they must be injured.
    Of course it's pure speculation, exactly how everything else posted on here is. I agree, I doubt SM is stupid enough to leave important players out (I didn't mention Didzy, he is injured) but JB hasn't been much of a contribution for a couple on months now so him being on the bench isn't really a surprise is it. And like most players, JB could quite easily spit his dummy.

I agree that any talk of the squad downing tools under SM is utter rubbish. Another reason that makes the form downturn under Maynard inexplicable is not only did he inherit a very good squad, he also inherited one full of ‘good eggs’ who may not exactly be bowled over by him but, as far as I can see, haven’t stopped trying.

Last night was a good example of this, Crawley had 30+ shots and fully deserved the win but there wasn’t a player who featured for us who didn’t appear to be giving his all.

Of the players who had been excelling at this level, Langstaff is off-form but that happens and he’s still giving his usual relentless energy off the ball for the team so no-one can question his effort/attitude. Jones is moving position every game which isn’t helping but still carrying a threat, Crowley scored 2 including one of the goals of the season against Sutton and looks lively but like Jones isn’t being given the tools to excel as he was under LW.

Others - O’Brien has been outstanding and the de facto captain in the past few weeks, Slocombe had the game of his life last night, Robertson has been a great addition, Chicksen and Austin are reliable players who shouldn’t start every week at this level but always give 100%, Macari’s been good despite being another one moved about all the time, Nemane attracts the boo boys but is giving everything and has noticeably got stuck in more the past two games, despite having to play in three different positions pretty much every game and being shunted massively out of position to RB.

Unfortunately it’s clear where the blame lies, SM is obsessed with appearing clever by changing his formation multiple times but this is generally counter productive and he is being outwitted by more seasoned managers pretty much every game, and his subs (or sometimes lack of) have been a disaster pretty much since the minute he came in the door.

Never mind Williams, Maynard is nowhere near the levels of Burchnall in my view.

It could be that JB already knows his contract won’t be renewed? Just a thought… and pure idle speculation based off nothing but a fleeting thought!

Looks like there might be some meat on the bone?

" And to top it all off, he has had a huge falling out with both Bostock and McGoldrick. Thats why we havent seen them.."

"The two lads on Notts County Talk mentioned it last night after the game and said they'll mention more about it on their next show it's usually on a Thursday night about 8 00."

And yes it is speculation.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast