+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Crawley 12.03.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Didn't we lose 10 with sheradon
    That is the club record, set in 2017. Half way there now.
    We've beat the record 3 times since I've been following Notts. Lloyd with 7, then Ince/Heggs/Allen with 9 and finally Sheridan 10.

Well it's comforting to know we have settled back into the Notts I love and know well! Losers! It's depressing , all that good will, huge potential crowds, feel good factor gone up in smoke

Well on this form you can only see 6 pts coming in (Salford & Colchester) and knowing us we will screw those up. Going to be a nail biter. But get JOB in, JB back onside and Didzy fit and we just might do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Am I hearing things right? Maynard sounded more upbeat than ever before? Maybe we actually won the match after all! You couldn't write this stuff he is an utter joke!!
    Maybe he knows something we don’t like he’s been told he’s safe by the brothers? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Am I hearing things right? Maynard sounded more upbeat than ever before? Maybe we actually won the match after all! You couldn't write this stuff he is an utter joke!!
    I honestly think the bloke is really struggling to deal with the fact that his answers in interviews and press conferences are obviously far more scrutinised here than at Wealdstone. I actually feel sorry for him. He's given up a comfortable job and his BT job to come here and he's overwhelmed by it all. We regularly get over 10,000 for home games and usually take more away than what Wealdstone get at home.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    That is the club record, set in 2017. Half way there now.
    We've beat the record 3 times since I've been following Notts. Lloyd with 7, then Ince/Heggs/Allen with 9 and finally Sheridan 10.
    Heggs what a reminder he was a complete tool as well

Night from dark and dismal Chester.

We couldn’t of scored with five langstaffs on the pitch as we have no clue how to attack teams. We are not a bad team we are just badly managed which is plainly obvious but widely excepted by the owners unfortunately.

The equaliser was coming way before the sending off. Slocombe kept us in the match, but the stats don't lie - we took a pounding and on another night it could have been 4 or 5.

Taking off Jones at Crowley was ridiculous and completely killed any attacking threat we had. This defensive tweak lasted less than a minute before they equalised and then it was pretty much inevitable they would go on to win. Once again, too many players either playing well below par or not putting in the required effort.

Macca needs resting. He was poor again tonight and he's just not impacting the game at all.

What was the point in bringing Jatta on in the 90th minute? He should have taken Macca off around 70 minutes and given Jatta a run then.

A disappointing result once again and we're now into total freefall with no sign of hitting the bottom. I can see the 'Maynard Out' chants coming out at the next home game if we don't get a result.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Tell that to our useless players who have lost 7 out of 9 games since, even the most pessimistic Notts fan out there could not have predicted this.
    Our players are clearly not useless - at times we played some good football but so did Crawley, Robertson lacking experience and just not good enough yet at this level , let himself and the team down. We were clearly lacking height up front and Maynard taking off JJ & Crowley was a bad mistake. Some promise shown but much to get right.

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast