+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Crawley 12.03.24 [EFL L2]

I just find it all extremely exhausting. Notts are traditionally known as a 'yo-yo' club, having accumulated lots of relegations and promotions (maybe 2nd highest after BCFC?) but this decline just takes the piss.

From the best team we have seen in years, to a team that literally can not buy a win.
    It's not even dramatic to say that we may not win another game all season. We are almost 'schizophrenic' as a team. The major highs seem unbelievable and horrible lows seem far worse than any other team!

Something has gone on. The decline did start under Luke's tenure, however, Mr. Maynard certainly hasn't helped proceedings either.

As a fan base, we deserve an explanation. No team goes from hero to zero this quickly.
    Reedtz....a statement or interview please...and quick.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    The decline did start under Luke's tenure, however, Mr. Maynard certainly hasn't helped proceedings either.
    I don't want hear any of that propaganda any more, MM. Maynard can be judged on his record alone

We were a typical club adjusting to a new league, struggling with the loss of its key player and then club leader. Then came the almighty error. Admit it, reverse it, get back on track
    Painful, but so necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I just find it all extremely exhausting. Notts are traditionally known as a 'yo-yo' club, having accumulated lots of relegations and promotions (maybe 2nd highest after BCFC?) but this decline just takes the piss.

From the best team we have seen in years, to a team that literally can not buy a win.
    It's not even dramatic to say that we may not win another game all season. We are almost 'schizophrenic' as a team. The major highs seem unbelievable and horrible lows seem far worse than any other team!

Something has gone on. The decline did start under Luke's tenure, however, Mr. Maynard certainly hasn't helped proceedings either.

As a fan base, we deserve an explanation. No team goes from hero to zero this quickly.
    Reedtz....a statement or interview please...and quick.
    Well at least there would be the Notts kind of symmetry if we do end up getting relegated.
    Total euphoria last season, total catastrophe this.

He inherited a team in 6th in January and we've not had 2 weeks of March and we're not out of the play-offs - we're out of contention.

Cotterill has picked up more points with FGR. We played bottom of the league at home and lost.

Does the team comeback from 2-0 down against Boreham Wood with Maynard in charge? Do we go toe to toe with Wrexham with intense pressure on each game?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I don't want hear any of that propaganda any more, MM. Maynard can be judged on his record alone

We were a typical club adjusting to a new league, struggling with the loss of its key player and then club leader. Then came the almighty error. Admit it, reverse it, get back on track
    Painful, but so necessary.
    Yeah, it wasn't the main point I was trying to make anyway. I'm in the SM out camp. I've already said I would judge him after 10 games and thats now... and it's not good enough....and it won't be good enough next season either.

My main point is that unless the Bros. have a plan up their sleeve, I feel like we are owed an explanation. Again, how does a team go from hero to zero THAT quickly? Regardless of losing Luke.....we need an explanation. Maybe the players should start taking some responsibility instead of cupping their ears and telling us "not to boo". Something is a miss and it has been for a while.

Jason Turner was obviously a massive loss and so was Luke (in a different way) but surely, it can't just be that? Had the players really already chucked out their dummies by then?

Next five games and I'd like to think we can get at least a point from these 5 to avoid equalling the club's all time losing sequence of 10.

Sat.16.Mar accrington s. (15th)
    Tue.19.Mar bradford city (13th)
    Sat.23.Mar SALFORD CITY (20th)
    Fri.29.Mar swindon town (18th)
    Mon.01.Apr MILTON KEYNES (5th)

I should add that Alan Smith was caretaker manager for the 10th loss following Sheridan's 9 straight defeats that got him sacked, so Maynard would only need to lose the next 4 to hold the individual manager's record league loss sequence.

That 10 match losing run does break down if you include cups, we had two draws and a win in the FA Cup during that run (and we pulled Chelsea out of the hat for round 3 but lost to Posh in the R2 replay).
    The 2011 nine match losing run under Ince-Heggs-Allen wasn't interrupted by any cup fixtures.
    The most games lost in a row with the same man in charge whilst taking into account all competitions is 7, last recorded under George Poyser, whose 7th defeat was the infamous defeat at Rhyl in the FA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Well at least there would be the Notts kind of symmetry if we do end up getting relegated.
    Total euphoria last season, total catastrophe this.
    I really can't see that happening but I suppose it's not inconceivable that we go into the Colchester game 8 points ahead of them with 9 points still to play for if they end up having to reschedule a game for the last Tuesday of the season, which would be squeaky bum time. Apparently their pitch is in a very bad state, they've put up an article today explaining why they've had so many PPd, including tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Our players are clearly not useless - at times we played some good football but so did Crawley, Robertson lacking experience and just not good enough yet at this level , let himself and the team down. We were clearly lacking height up front and Maynard taking off JJ & Crowley was a bad mistake. Some promise shown but much to get right.
    On Maynards interview after the match he stated that Robertson had given everything tonight, what match was he watching he was awful before the stupid sending off, and should have been withdrawn sooner. Could not believe he took jones off, what kind of manager have been left with!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

The most games lost in a row with the same man in charge whilst taking into account all competitions is 7, last recorded under George Poyser, whose 7th defeat was the infamous defeat at Rhyl in the FA Cup.
    And even he went to have a successful career in the jewellery business!

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    On Maynards interview after the match he stated that Robertson had given everything tonight, what match was he watching he was awful before the stupid sending off, and should have been withdrawn sooner. Could not believe he took jones off, what kind of manager have been left with!
    One who is out of his depth in this league!

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast