+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Crawley 12.03.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think probably the best thing to do is get rid of Maynard now
    But didn't you say just 3 hours ago that there's no point in getting rid of him. Why the sudden about turn?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Thank all the football gods for the 42 points Luke Williams accumulated before he left!
    I'd love to ask Luke Williams privately what he feels has gone wrong since he left, was he surprised we appointed Maynard or was there anything Notts could have done to persuade him to stay etc.

The answer is there for all to see, just bite the bullet, hold your hands up and do it, save face before it’s to late.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Was Maynard sent off then? I do believe Notts were winning weren’t they? Until the sending off? But that was Maynard’s fault, telling Robertson to get sent off, all his fault.
    Crawley had 30 shots. And a lot of them were before the sending off. LW had this sort of thing happen all the time (like at Crewe) and yet people didn't make allowances for him.

Speaking of which, it's now LW 10 points, SM 4, in the ill-advised stats of like for like matches that 'prove' SM is no worse.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 12-03-2024 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    But didn't you say just 3 hours ago that there's no point in getting rid of him. Why the sudden about turn?
    I can think of a few reasons

So in all three games between Notts and Crawley this season, the team that scored first lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I certainly feel that the board needs to release a statement stating what has gone wrong and what is being done to rectify it. I think they will be in for a shock when we are back down to 5000 attendances. The fans backed the club this year and have been badly let down, I think it's time the club went some way to apologising. The lower than promised budget, the semi professional coach, it's just very poor and I think the fans deserve answers
    I'd like to know why they chose SM, who has never dealt with EFL football or some senior experienced players before.

Thank all the football gods for the 42 points Luke Williams accumulated before he left!
    The point that JOB got for us may yet be crucial

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I can think of a few reasons
    Me too

Yes we do, as a player manager.
    Couldn't agree more! I believe that if JOB had been given the player-manager role until the end of the season we'd have been a lot better off than we are now. That's the trouble with hindsight... no-one saw 4 from 27 coming.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast