+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The manager is a loser

The manager is a loser

How many on here want him to be given more time .Those people who do are stupid.

They can’t continue with this set up, in free fall and in real threat of being sucked in. Southend were relegated with 49 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    How many on here want him to be given more time .Those people who do are stupid.
    There were lots as recent as this afternoon

He needs to go now

I'm not one of them! Tonight was the final straw

Slocombe kept us in it we were a shambles ,totally disorganised.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    He needs to go now
    Difficult to lay the blame at his door tonight if you only consider the scoreline when Robertson got sent off.

However - we were still 1-0 up and we crumbled and it could've been more and but for Slocombe and some wayward shooting it would've been.

Next season worries me - ML and JJ will have their eyes elsewhere. Neither will want to battle at the wrong end of L2 under this man next year. They'll both have suitors - Crowley may have also.

Getting players to re-sign and attracting new players with this man's record isn't going to appeal. They'd look at our freefall so far this season and think sod that.

Nothing has changed based off tonight. I don't think Maynard staying in charge is a good thing for Notts County.

Who knows maybe he has an Allardyce level turnaround and we defy expectations next season. I know if it was me in charge - I would be asking Maynard why I should stick with him based on his time at Notts County.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    There were lots as recent as this afternoon
    I'll stick my hand up and be honest. I was one of them. For years Notts County Football Club has had a horrible reputation of just sacking managers constantly and I felt that this was changing in recent times and it really won't look good to sack a manager after 9 matches but I do admit it looks like the owners have messed up very badly.

I think everyone at the club got a bit high on their own supply after last season, and they started to think this running a football club lark was a bit easy.

Some of the recruitment and retention and the thinking behind Maynard’s appointment have been that of a big club in the National league rather than a newcomer to the unforgiving world of the EFL.

As someone else said, thank Christ we got those two big wins around Christmas otherwise we’d be seriously looking at going back down again. Unthinkable.

Notts deserved the lead until the sending off.
    I was fuming when Robertson got his first booking. Sheer stupidity.
    Going down to 10 is not an excuse to collapse.
    We were immediately disorganised after the substitutions and it cost us.
    I still think SM needs more time. I defy anyone to get a decent tune out of this orchestra.
    Encouraging to see Slocombe put in a motm performance.
    Thought Jim and Jodi were excellent. Macari and Cameron were decent.
    Please stop Nemane taking throws.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast