+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The manager is a loser

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    Players don’t want him..no respect in the dressing room from day one. This is fact not an opinion.
    With no evidence it can only be hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Not v good with IT but, hopefully this linky thing works as it might give some insight into what the Barnet fan was hinting at with his now defunct post. I’m sure that our manager might have a counter argument to make as there are two sides to every story. Indeed Mrs Kintore maintains there are always 3 - in this case Brennan’s, Maynard’s and the truth

https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport...ve-wealdstone/
    A former colleague of mine always said there were 4... the fourth one being what the media says.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-03-2024 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmysirrelsmassivetooth View Post
    Spare a thought for those with a full season
    I am one of those lucky people 😭

Just a snippet of better news this evening...

Forest u15s 2 - 3 Notts County u15s

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    With no evidence it can only be hearsay.
    Of course it's hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Of course it's hearsay.
    Well no one’s even come out on here and said they’ve heard someone categorically say it’s come from a player. Mcgoldricks been out for just over 2 weeks with a dead leg which is feasible and Bostock could just be injured as Maynard said.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well no one’s even come out on here and said they’ve heard someone categorically say it’s come from a player. Mcgoldricks been out for just over 2 weeks with a dead leg which is feasible and Bostock could just be injured as Maynard said.
    Has been said on here many times before."Don't let the truth get in the way of s good story"!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Has been said on here many times before."Don't let the truth get in the way of s good story"!
    An old colleague of mine used a great phrase 'Verification of the facts ruined many a good story.'

Must admit I'm shocked at what's happened to you. I thought he'd do a lot better given what he has to work with but I was totally wrong. Looks like the step up is too much for him and its swallowed him up. Going from Wealdstone to Notts is a huge step up and it was always a gamble.

We had similar when we appointed Kevin Wilkin as manager from Nuneaton. We went from Andy Morrell, a season pro the players all liked and respected to a non league manager who was at a much smaller club. He'd worked wonders with them and had them in the NL play-offs, I think they were 4th. But he came to us and couldn't hack it. He couldn't handle the players or gain the respect of our senior players like Keates, Neil Ashton etc who pretty much disliked him after one training session because they thought his training methods were basic and not anywhere near up to standard.

I'm guessing that is what's happened to Maynard and he's lost the dressing room already, given the drastic down turn in performances and results.
    It took the loss at Wembley in The trophy final to seal Wilkin's fate with us but we waited for far too long and the damage was done.

The problem is that your owners hired him and sacking him this soon isn't a good look whatever way its dressed up. My guess is unless you get dragged into a relegation fight they'll stick with him and try to get to the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    Must admit I'm shocked at what's happened to you. I thought he'd do a lot better given what he has to work with but I was totally wrong. Looks like the step up is too much for him and its swallowed him up. Going from Wealdstone to Notts is a huge step up and it was always a gamble.

We had similar when we appointed Kevin Wilkin as manager from Nuneaton. We went from Andy Morrell, a season pro the players all liked and respected to a non league manager who was at a much smaller club. He'd worked wonders with them and had them in the NL play-offs, I think they were 4th. But he came to us and couldn't hack it. He couldn't handle the players or gain the respect of our senior players like Keates, Neil Ashton etc who pretty much disliked him after one training session because they thought his training methods were basic and not anywhere near up to standard.

I'm guessing that is what's happened to Maynard and he's lost the dressing room already, given the drastic down turn in performances and results.
    It took the loss at Wembley in The trophy final to seal Wilkin's fate with us but we waited for far too long and the damage was done.

The problem is that your owners hired him and sacking him this soon isn't a good look whatever way its dressed up. My guess is unless you get dragged into a relegation fight they'll stick with him and try to get to the end of the season.
    We are already in a relegation fight. No more points and FGR going well…. Realistically we know where this ends.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast