+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings vs Creepy

Match ratings vs Creepy

Slocombe.... 9..Would have been an absolute rout without Sam, some incredible saves
    Macari... 7.. Excellent first half but less effective in the second
    O'Brien.. 6.5 ..Shocking to think our recruitment has been so poor that JOB has to play week in week out, did his best
    Cameron... 4.. Not worth writing about once again
    Nemane.. 5.. Forgot he was on the pitch for large spells, didn't do much of note, especially in the second half
    Austin.. 4.. Scored...that's about it, waste of a shirt
    Robertson... 2.. absolute mare, constantly gave the ball away and then compounds it by getting sent
    Chicksen... 4..As dangerous as a plastic spoon going forward, defended reasonably
    Crowley..5.. Floated in and out of the game, flattered to deceive at times
    Langstaff... 3... Terrible... been a beast for us but in the last few weeks I would play Stone up front instead of Macca, some truly terrible finishes once again
    Jones...6.. Got kicked from pillar to post, most of his good work undone by passing to the wrong player, still did ok

Tab... 3..Did nothing of note
    Jatta...3.. Did he play?
    Colkett... 4..Some half decent touches but nothing of note either
    Maynard... 0...teams not playing for you, terrible subs once again, no fight in that team... make no mistake we are gonna get dragged into the dog fight very very soon... he needs to walk or get fired, either is good for me

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Slocombe.... 9..Would have been an absolute rout without Sam, some incredible saves
    O'Brien.. 6.5 ..Shocking to think our recruitment has been so poor that JOB has to play week in week out, did his best
    Nemane.. 5.. Forgot he was on the pitch for large spells, didn't do much of note, especially in the second half
    Robertson... 2.. absolute mare, constantly gave the ball away and then compounds it by getting sent
    Chicksen... 4..As dangerous as a plastic spoon going forward, defended reasonably
    Langstaff... 3... Terrible... been a beast for us but in the last few weeks I would play Stone up front instead of Macca, some truly terrible finishes once again
    Jones...6.. Got kicked from pillar to post, most of his good work undone by passing to the wrong player, still did ok

Jatta...3.. Did he play?
    Maynard... 0...teams not playing for you, terrible subs once again, no fight in that team... make no mistake we are gonna get dragged into the dog fight very very soon... he needs to walk or get fired, either is good for me
    I'd probably go very similar to that. Thought Crowley was worth a 6/6.5 as he tried hard and was one of the more likely to make something happen Chicksen is definitely not the answer to any question. Cameron needs to really justify his selection. Langstaff needs resting.

At least I'm happy for Slocombe, well done that man!

Ironic though that in the one match where our keeper actually turns up, everybody else is a case of: forget it.

Slocombe 9. We need better but tonight he was brilliant.
    Chicksen 5.5. He's been out for most of the season, worked hard and stuck to his task.
    Cameron 6. He played pretty well, no clangers.
    Macari 6. Similar to Cameron.
    Nemane 5.5. Again, worked hard defended as well as he can.
    Jones 7. Was a threat and tracked back better than of late.
    Robertson 4. Getting a second yellow when we're backs to the wall is unprofessional. Too many stray passes , not a good night from him.
    JOB 6. Worked his socks off lost his man for the first but we're asking way too much from him.
    Austin 5. Faded second half. Scored but I think L2 is probably a division too high for him overall.
    Crowley 6. Creative, busy worked hard.
    Langstaff 5.5. Worked hard on his own with not much chance of a goal.

Subs. 4.5 No real impact from any of them.

Maynard 5. You need the manager to make the difference, and he's not adding anything to pull things round. His confidence must be shot, his authority pretty much gone and it's going to be very hard for him to pull it round now.
    He hasn't got a great squad to work with, there's some glaring weaknesses, height, strength and stamina being the main things.
    I thought we were the better team in the first 15 of both halves but Crawley got on top not because Maynard is tactically clueless but because we were physically weaker and got pushed back then went down to ten men and couldn't hold shape, the midfield was overrun and it just kept coming back at us.
    Maybe he should have put subs on earlier but they're marginal calls and when he did they didn't change the game.
    I'm struggling to see any answers without new players and I expect a new head coach by the start of next season sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post

Jatta...3.. Did he play?
    Wasn’t there so only going off the tv viewing, but I’d say these are pretty much spot on.
    Langstaff desperately needs taking out of the firing line. Literally.
    His value must be plummeting with every game.

Slocombe 9
    Macari 7
    KC 6.5
    Chicks 5
    AN 5
    Jim 7.5
    Crowley 5.5
    JJ 7
    ML 4.5
    Sam A 5
    Robertson 3
    Subs 4

Slocombe - 9 - Best game in a Notts shirt, must’ve been in double figures for the amount of saves he had to make. The one call Maynard’s got right is bringing him back in. Deserved better than he got tonight.

Macari - 6 - Didn’t do a lot wrong, including when out of position second half.

Cameron - 6 - Most fans (don’t) rate him before the game but didn’t think he did badly tonight.

Chicksen - 5.5 - Steady.

Nemane - 6.5 - Similar to Cameron, popular scapegoat but has IMO played well the past two games. Worked hard defensively and moved about to three different positions again, but was a threat on the rare occasions we broke forward.

Robertson - 4 - His worst game for the club, even before the sending off. Very wasteful in possession and wasn’t snuffing out the danger in the way he has been. Both bookings were avoidable, particularly the first; hard to say if it cost us as SS was already making countless saves even 11v11 so pressure may have told anyway.

O’Brien - 7 - Has given his all and led the team the past few weeks. A credit to himself and the club, I’d give him another year as a squad player now. Agree with the poster who said we’re asking too much of him though, always walking a tightrope on a yellow with tired legs but can’t even afford to take him off, let alone not start him.

Jones - 6 - A big threat going forward early on, struggled defensively so the right move to switch him further forward. Had a good 10 minute spell but then fairly anonymous after.

Crowley - 5 - Dangerous when on the ball but couldn’t get on it enough.

Austin - 5 - Goal but rarely seen otherwise.

Langstaff - 5 - Gets an extra point for his work rate but finishing way off (again). Feel like he takes at least one of those chances last season.

Subs:

Tobi and Colkett - 5 - Hard to rate them as it was defending the Alamo at the point they came on. Couple of wasteful free kicks in good positions from Colkett.

Jatta - N/A - Brought on in the 90th minute…we conceded in the 81st. What chance does he have.

Maynard - 1 - Really, really wanted it to work but hard to see any scenario where it does. Truly baffling subs for (at least) the second game in a row, Jatta for Langstaff in the 90th minute? Jones and Crowley both taken off? Crawley had 31 shots today, without Slocombe having the performance of his life in goal that’s an absolute hammering and individually (in my view) not many of the players had a bad game. It’s clear where the blame lies; the brothers were due a bad appointment but would do well to cut their losses quickly with this one before things get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Slocombe - 9 - Best game in a Notts shirt, must’ve been in double figures for the amount of saves he had to make. The one call Maynard’s got right is bringing him back in. Deserved better than he got tonight.

Macari - 6 - Didn’t do a lot wrong, including when out of position second half.

Cameron - 6 - Most fans (don’t) rate him before the game but didn’t think he did badly tonight.

Chicksen - 5.5 - Steady.

Nemane - 6.5 - Similar to Cameron, popular scapegoat but has IMO played well the past two games. Worked hard defensively and moved about to three different positions again, but was a threat on the rare occasions we broke forward.

Robertson - 4 - His worst game for the club, even before the sending off. Very wasteful in possession and wasn’t snuffing out the danger in the way he has been. Both bookings were avoidable, particularly the first; hard to say if it cost us as SS was already making countless saves even 11v11 so pressure may have told anyway.

O’Brien - 7 - Has given his all and led the team the past few weeks. A credit to himself and the club, I’d give him another year as a squad player now. Agree with the poster who said we’re asking too much of him though, always walking a tightrope on a yellow with tired legs but can’t even afford to take him off, let alone not start him.

Jones - 6 - A big threat going forward early on, struggled defensively so the right move to switch him further forward. Had a good 10 minute spell but then fairly anonymous after.

Crowley - 5 - Dangerous when on the ball but couldn’t get on it enough.

Austin - 5 - Goal but rarely seen otherwise.

Langstaff - 5 - Gets an extra point for his work rate but finishing way off (again). Feel like he takes at least one of those chances last season.

Subs:

Tobi and Colkett - 5 - Hard to rate them as it was defending the Alamo at the point they came on. Couple of wasteful free kicks in good positions from Colkett.

Jatta - N/A - Brought on in the 90th minute…we conceded in the 81st. What chance does he have.

Maynard - 1 - Really, really wanted it to work but hard to see any scenario where it does. Truly baffling subs for (at least) the second game in a row, Jatta for Langstaff in the 90th minute? Jones and Crowley both taken off? Crawley had 31 shots today, without Slocombe having the performance of his life in goal that’s an absolute hammering and individually (in my view) not many of the players had a bad game. It’s clear where the blame lies; the brothers were due a bad appointment but would do well to cut their losses quickly with this one before things get worse.
    I would agree with most of these. I would give Crowley more than 5 as I thought he was in contention for MoM and I would give Robertson less than 4 for one of the worst performances I've seen in recent seasons.

I don't mind us cheating as long as we cheat intelligently, but we actually seem to hurt ourselves more than the opposition with our cheating. It started straight after we scored and hurt our rhythm when we were actually the better side. The timewasting in the 30th minute was pathetic and just sends the message that we are petrified of losing when there was no reason to be.

It was always going to be an open game as they are an open passing team with a good pitch, and the other games against them have been exactly the same but we came out on top. I thought going into game management mode so early sent totally the wrong message.

Robertson throwing the ball away at their throw in was obviously going to get punished and left us with our combative central midfielder on a yellow with just under half the game to play, for what benefit? Wasting 5 seconds that are going to get added on anyway with play on the halfway line? Absolute idiocy. Same goes for tripping someone off the ball right in front of the ref when on a yellow, although I suppose there was a slight chance the ref might miss that.

I don't know if Alassana is the name of the patron Saint of lost causes in his country, but we seem to be giving Jatta his minutes in the most bizarre circumstances.

Re: Maynard I have been supportive up to now as although results have been bad I haven't personally seen evidence of losing the dressing room or players not playing for him. That was in evidence from the off last night too as players were clearly scampering to close down and stop crosses, presumably under his instruction.

I perdonally haven't seen the huge dip in performances from the tail end of the Willkams reign that has been spoken about, and I think he has been unlucky with decent performances undercut by individual errors in defence and chances not taken.

I thought we played well until our goal, came back into it end of first half, then our change of formation at half time gave us control of the match. After their subs and change of formation in the second half though, there was only one team in it and we didn't have an answer.

After the sending off our answer turned out to be neither fish nor fowl - taking our best creative players (and players who can hold the ball in tight situations / get us up the pitch) without going full Mourinho at the back and defending the edges of our penalty area. We had players back but were not in a compact shape and it was no surprise when they waltzed through us at will with the extra man.

The bros look at xG and overall performances rather than just results, which will have given Maynard some credit before last night, but the stats from last night will make ugly reading.

I don't know where we go from here. I think there are some major strengths but also major deficiencies in this team that won't magically disappear if we sack Maynard and put JoB in charge.

Likewise Warnock wasn't able to wave a magic wand at Aberdeen and sort out a weak minded team incapable of grinding out results. I don't know if the bros will or should still trust Maynard to oversee the rebuild in the summer. I don't know who else is on our radar, and who of them would come.

Maybe we need to get our Swansea voodoo dolls out and hope Luke gets the sack there, as that seemed to work well for other teams coming up from the lower divisions (didn't Howe at Bournemouth and Jones at Luton both leave for a short time then come back and be successful?)

Testing times.

Vary fair assessment
    In retrospect we should never have lost that game
    Wasteful up front, missing a host of chances that could have put the game to bed before half time. Start of 2nd half more chances missed then you could see nervousness creep in and we dropped further and further back but without getting a foot in
    I was astonished when Dan and JJ were subbed after the send off and assumed one or both must have had knocks
    But apparently not
    A major ricket which went down like a lead balloon with the team and fans

“I’l bet Slocombe drinks Carling Black Label”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast