+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hands up i got it wrong we are in trouble

Hands up i got it wrong we are in trouble

I wanted this to work, i understood the appointment but it's gone horribly wrong. He's out of his depth and the post match only confirmed it. He's weirdly claimed we dug in. Sorry what?! They had 31 shots on our goal THIRTY ONE a L2 team. Warnock is not the answer he's been rotten in his last few jobs. That being said were do we go from here? I'm not being funny the way we are playing, a relegation battle is possible. I predicted 13th, i didn't buy into the promotion debate, but i didn't think we would have a chance of going down either. I'm gonna be honest it wouldn't surprise me to see the club up for sale in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I wanted this to work, i understood the appointment but it's gone horribly wrong. He's out of his depth and the post match only confirmed it. He's weirdly claimed we dug in. Sorry what?! They had 31 shots on our goal THIRTY ONE a L2 team. Warnock is not the answer he's been rotten in his last few jobs. That being said were do we go from here? I'm not being funny the way we are playing, a relegation battle is possible. I predicted 13th, i didn't buy into the promotion debate, but i didn't think we would have a chance of going down either. I'm gonna be honest it wouldn't surprise me to see the club up for sale in the summer.
    Confession: I also thought SM was a brave, inspired, left-field appointment. I am a clueless idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Confession: I also thought SM was a brave, inspired, left-field appointment. I am a clueless idiot.
    Me to !
    He might just be an unlucky coach but whatever it is, it's not working.!!

I think there is more chance of the Tory party winning the election than Maynard working out at Notts. Odds on Luke Williams back in close season? Reasonable I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Me to !
    He might just be an unlucky coach but whatever it is, it's not working.!!
    It’s a thought that has crossed my mind. Does luck come into it or do you make your own luck?

In the past couple of games in the 79th minute or there abouts we have been on course to get a draw and a win but unfortunately we have conspired to go on and lose both games. Different circumstances but same outcome.

Then you look at the Wrexham, Mansfield games where we did enough to get more from them but got nothing.

Without a doubt we have simply crashed and burned spectacularly this season and whilst it started before SM came in it’s spiralled since.

We’ve got to somehow get a win against Accrington or Bradford before we play at Meadow Lane again and then a decent win and performance against Salford going into Easter.

April is a key month for me because it’s the end of the season. We need to see green shoots of recovery and some positivity to encourage those new supporters built over the last four years to come back next season. The worst thing that could happen is we end the season as we are now because everyone goes into the summer on a downer and worried for the start of next season because the danger is it spills over into next season.

I say this regardless of who the manager is. As always if the manager was to be relieved of his duties as we know from the past it’s who comes in to replace them. Too many times before we would get nobody better than the last one.

How did we end up like this?

I wanted Maynard to be given more time, but I'm starting to think I've seen enough. Saturday's game will decide it for me once and for all.

The way we're playing reminds me of the relegation season. Some moments here and there where you felt like we might turn it around, followed by an inevitable collapse. Big moments in games going against us, time and again, to the point where it can no longer be called bad luck. Like that relegation team, there's something fundamentally wrong with the current squad. And while we probably enough points on the board to avoid relegation this season, if we don't change something before next season, we'll be at risk of dropping down again.

What's so sad is that all that goodwill and momentum the club gained last year has been wiped out in just a few short months. I didn't expect us to get promoted this season, but until a few weeks ago, I felt like we were on an upward march and would get to L1 eventually, within a few seasons. I think the owners may have got complacent with all the success, to the point where appointing a part-time coach with little experience or proven success seemed like a smart move.

I think the club needs to reassess what it wants. I love that we've tried to be smart in the transfer market, and taking a slightly leftfield approach has allowed us to sign some real gems from the lower leagues. But we need to also be pragmatic about what it takes to be successful at this level and beyond. I believe if we had a manager like Clough, or even Wild, we'd get promoted within two or three seasons. If we employ another nobody who's 'highly regarded' but with little relevant experience, it's anyone's guess where we'll end up.

Next season is pivotal. We cannot afford another poor appointment or gamble.

For me the substitutions and logic on their own are enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I thought he was pants right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    For me the substitutions and logic on their own are enough for me!
    Yeah, replacing Crowley and Jones with TAR and Colkett was pretty bizarre.

It's the bros & RM who need to show they have the balls to say they got it badly wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast