+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay or go?

Agree with a lot of the posts here. It's clear that Maynard isn't working out, but it's not clear what to do next. Simply saying 'sack him!' isn't really a good enough answer. He'd need replacing, and the only clear candidate is another inexperienced coach who's currently one of our only fit midfielders. It's not easy for an experienced coach to come into a club that's in freefall thanks mainly to horrendous recruitment oversights, let alone a current first-team player.

Also, we can't rush the next permanent appointment. It has to be right. If there are no decent candidates now, we'll have to be patient. As awful as it sounds, sticking with Maynard may be less disruptive (at least in the short term) than getting rid.

And as Jampie pointed out, even if we pull the trigger, we'll still be left with a horribly imbalanced squad. The new man could come in and lose his first three games. Then what?

We need to somehow limp through to the summer with as little damage as possible. Then, we need to rebuild and rethink. Next season is pivotal. We need the right coach and the right players to stop this rot.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    Utter bo ll ox im afraid
    Neither have provided evidence to back each claim, who do we believe?

Go

Anyone else think that when Maynard talks, he sounds like a Union shop steward? - I must admit, I was all for giving him time but didn’t think things would get so bad. Sad but I do think he is somewhat out of his depth!

The pendulum for me is now edging towards go.

Regardless we've got a divided fan base and have since the appointment which has not helped during the slump. I know not every managerial appointment is met with universal approval, but a left field appointment carries such a risk. If it's a sucess it's a great story.

There are a few things for me that are not certain and that only those internal to the club will know and the first one is the relationship with the players. If as it's pointed out on this thread and others all is not well with senior professionals and it's not conjecture then that would swing it more. The last thing we would want is a Keith Curle type departure where the captain comes out and blames "a few people on messageboards" should the owners react to fan pressure. This also applies to the coaching methods, the style, the sessions and the relationship with the other "management team" members who came in with SM.

The second one is who would come in. As I've mentioned before it's all well and good relieving the pressure but you've got to have the right person lined up to replace them with as we've seen all too many times before going from one crisis to another.

Lastly the playoffs are long gone now it's all about salvaging what's left of the season and getting two or three wins to get us well over the 50 point mark, take the harsh lessons learned of our first season back in the EFL and be stronger for it next season.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 13-03-2024 at 12:43 PM.

Someone on facebook has said there is a press conference from the Reedtz brothers, saying her sauce is Liz Clough, so Warsop pie could be right

Have to feel sorry for the bloke but he's had nine games now and looks to be completely out of his depth. Has to go now. Put Jim back in charge for the rest of the season and then go again with new coach and improved playing squad for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilwell_Pie View Post
    Have to feel sorry for the bloke but he's had nine games now and looks to be completely out of his depth. Has to go now. Put Jim back in charge for the rest of the season and then go again with new coach and improved playing squad for next season.
    Weal or Alves for me if there's going to be a change, Jim's busy on the field, we need him on the field not managing.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Weal or Alves for me if there's going to be a change, Jim's busy on the field, we need him on the field not managing.
    Weal is also the set piece coach...

Wonder if if may work if they just got rid of Matt Saunders and replaced him with Jim? - could be a face-saver for the Bros!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast