+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay or go?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    The pendulum for me is now edging towards go.

Regardless we've got a divided fan base and have since the appointment which has not helped during the slump. I know not every managerial appointment is met with universal approval, but a left field appointment carries such a risk. If it's a sucess it's a great story.

There are a few things for me that are not certain and that only those internal to the club will know and the first one is the relationship with the players. If as it's pointed out on this thread and others all is not well with senior professionals and it's not conjecture then that would swing it more. The last thing we would want is a Keith Curle type departure where the captain comes out and blames "a few people on messageboards" should the owners react to fan pressure. This also applies to the coaching methods, the style, the sessions and the relationship with the other "management team" members who came in with SM.

The second one is who would come in. As I've mentioned before it's all well and good relieving the pressure but you've got to have the right person lined up to replace them with as we've seen all too many times before going from one crisis to another.

Lastly the playoffs are long gone now it's all about salvaging what's left of the season and getting two or three wins to get us well over the 50 point mark, take the harsh lessons learned of our first season back in the EFL and be stronger for it next season.
    We need to forget the weaknesses in the squad which are obvious and won’t change this season and focus on damage limitation. If we keep SM any longer we will further disenchant the fans and the senior quality players. Both groups need some reassurance that the mistake has been recognised and some of the good players we have may decide to stay, ie JJ, JB, DC, Robertson, McG, ML, and supporters renew season tickets. ATM neither of these things will happen and if JOB is ignoring SM it’s all over and so positive action is needed now.
    SM will never turn this round because as one guy above highlighted if your boss is replaced by someone who knows less than you, there is never going to be any respect - what were the owners thinking of? It beggars belief.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Wonder if if may work if they just got rid of Matt Saunders and replaced him with Jim? - could be a face-saver for the Bros!
    I suspect that would massively undermine Maynard.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He has to go NOW.. He doesn't have the faintest idea of what to do. We are in serious danger of being sucked into a relegation battle, of which we wouldnt win with him still here.. And to top it all off, he has had a huge falling out with both Bostock and McGoldrick. Thats why we havent seen them..
    Is that and actual fact or just a rumour Durham?

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I suspect that would massively undermine Maynard.
    Maynard's performance so far has left him no room to manoeuvre. He'd either have to accept it or leave

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Is that and actual fact or just a rumour Durham?
    The two lads on Notts County Talk mentioned it last night after the game and said they'll mention more about it on their next show it's usually on a Thursday night about 8 00.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    The two lads on Notts County Talk mentioned it last night after the game and said they'll mention more about it on their next show it's usually on a Thursday night about 8 00.
    Cheers Marky!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Wonder if if may work if they just got rid of Matt Saunders and replaced him with Jim? - could be a face-saver for the Bros!
    Yes, and we'd still have Craig Saunders 'drip-feeding' SM's 'tweaks' on the training ground - win/win

I’m dead against constant manager changing and believe it to be main cause of us falling into the NL in the first place.

However, this hasn’t worked. I feel bad for him in a way having to come in and work with a squad of players that adored the previous manager. Some of them have been quite pathetic actually and I’d be happy to see the back of them in the summer. We need strong leadership in, that demand respect. We can’t lose the next 10 games and realistically think it can be sorted in the summer with a few new bodies.

I work for Openreach by the way soooo happy to have a word with your previous manager Stuart.

Get rid ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yes, and we'd still have Craig Saunders 'drip-feeding' SM's 'tweaks' on the training ground - win/win
    I wouldn’t keep Saunders - just JoB & Alves + Weal as coaches

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast