+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay or go?

He has to go NOW.. He doesn't have the faintest idea of what to do. We are in serious danger of being sucked into a relegation battle, of which we wouldnt win with him still here.. And to top it all off, he has had a huge falling out with both Bostock and McGoldrick. Thats why we havent seen them..

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Money might also be a factor.
    Logically, a part time non-league manager would accept a lower wage package than one with experience in the EFL.
    Money shouldn't really have been a factor. LW was on a long contract plus we got a compensation package, so we should have been able to poach from the lower leagues (L1 L2), if someone stood out that is. The Owners will come unstuck if they think they can employ someone who fits their style all the time. Heard a ex pro on radio last night over here & said there is more than one way to win a game, was talking about playing out from the back

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Mate of mines just texted me with “press conference at 1.30pm”
    Right in the middle of lunchtime? Whatever happened to the “press conference at 2pm”?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Money shouldn't really have been a factor. LW was on a long contract plus we got a compensation package, so we should have been able to poach from the lower leagues, if someone stood out that is. The Owners will come unstuck if they think they can employ someone who fits their style all the time. Heard a ex pro on radio last night over here & said there is more than one way to win a game, was talking about playing out from the back
    I love the idea of playing an attractive style of football so i don't have a problem with the owners instilling this as our style, however you need the players to do it at the level we are at. Our defenders struggled at National league level (so many mistakes lead to goals) so why and how did they expect our defenders to perform better in league 2 The lack of investment into defenders has been our downfall. we should have looked at paying good money for league 1 and established league 2 defenders in January. As maynard stated last week, we just don't have the correct defenders for league 2
    If someone does replace Maynard then they are inheriting the worst defence in the league so i don't know how they turn that around

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Our owners want to play a certain system and have a certain amount of control over recruitment. I can imagine they thought Stuart was the most suitable yes man they could find.
    Yep. In the press conference when he was unveiled, our owners pointed out that a determining factor was that they felt they'd be able to 'work with him'. That means, a) he's a nice guy and not an arrogant prick, and b) he's a yes-man who can fit into their specific way of running a club. In other words, he won't rock the boat or demand change. Might be hard finding someone who fits that mould higher up the leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    I love the idea of playing an attractive style of football so i don't have a problem with the owners instilling this as our style, however you need the players to do it at the level we are at. Our defenders struggled at National league level (so many mistakes lead to goals) so why and how did they expect our defenders to perform better in league 2 The lack of investment into defenders has been our downfall. we should have looked at paying good money for league 1 and established league 2 defenders in January. As maynard stated last week, we just don't have the correct defenders for league 2
    If someone does replace Maynard then they are inheriting the worst defence in the league so i don't know how they turn that around
    I have no problem with the style they want as such but you can tweek it. LW in my eyes played too much of the passing around the back, which in turn has been our down fall losing possession in the wrong areas. I mean trying to play out of a crowded penalty area is asking for trouble. Punt it up field or into touch. The players seemed scared to do that when it looked the most obvious thing to do at times

We looked good in a poor NL and look average in a better L2. Struggled against the top teams all season. Mid table mediocrity is the best we can hope for this season, but the way things are l can't see us getting another point for the rest of the season 😨

I’m swaying to go. The key bit of information we are missing is what’s happening on the ground? Do the players respect him? Can he lead? Can he coach at this level? And is it just a case hes getting bits tactically wrong and some players have just lost their confidence when results started to slide.
    The owners need to find out from trusted members of the squad or staff.

Our style of football is only attractive when you win. 17 defeats in 36 League matches really says a lot. It says we simply don't have the players to play this way. Maynard probably needs to go but I still think we need Jim o Brien on the field so him becoming manager in my eyes is not an option, player managers simply don't exist in the modern game it's not 1988 any more. Does O Brien know anyone who could come in to help during matches in some way with a view to O Brien taking over next season.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Our style of football is only attractive when you win. 17 defeats in 36 League matches really says a lot. It says we simply don't have the players to play this way. Maynard probably needs to go but I still think we need Jim o Brien on the field so him becoming manager in my eyes is not an option, player managers simply don't exist in the modern game it's not 1988 any more. Does O Brien know anyone who could come in to help during matches in some way with a view to O Brien taking over next season.
    I think any talk about JOB coming in long term is very premature, we have no idea how he’s going to pan out as a coach/manager and I agree he’s needed on the pitch. He seemed quite overwhelmed with it after LW left and he doesn’t need that again going into the current situation and having to play too.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast