+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Stay or go?

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    On a lighter note, based upon current score our neighbours are in the relegation zone.
    Bournemouth equalised so back out of the relegation zone for now

He's got to go, it's just not going to work for him here now. Not saying he's useless, I'm sure it's a combination of him, injuries, recruitment and bad play but the fact is now it's too late for him now, it'll never work here.

I've said previously that the current ownership won't make quick decisions to dispense with any of their Head coach appointments. They are data-led people who will want a decent sample size before they reach judgement, but obviously with every passing game and defeat that sample size gets greater and the pressure increases.

Perhaps the biggest unknown factor is how much responsibility the directors take upon themselves for the lack of defensive recruitment. A lot of previous owners wouldn't have been big enough to look at themselves in the mirror for long if there was an easier way out of just sacking the manager and putting all the blame on him, but from day one these owners have been different. If they look at the situation and genuinely believe that this season's defensive problems are as much their responsibility as that of the (former or current) Head Coach, then the pressure on Maynard might not be as great as we might think from a typical fans' viewpoint.

One thing's for sure, with a team that are the second highest scorers in the league and yet with the joint most goals conceded, it's obvious where the recruitment focus needs to be in the summer, whoever ends up in charge next season.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Bournemouth equalised so back out of the relegation zone for now

Lost 4-3… have they been watching our mob in action? They only have themselves to blame for their impending relegation; can’t hold on to a lead. As I said, have they been watching our lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Although the general tone seems to be Maynard for coffee.
    I like that one, EP.

Has to go in my opinion.

With this being his first role as a full time head coach I assume the owners will be giving him sufficient time to get up to speed with the ins and outs of running a full time squad. He's close to a typical employment 3 month probation period ending, it's now he has to start showing improvement over the next 2-3 weeks if he has any chance of staying.

I just cant see it happening and the sooner he goes the better chance we have of finding someone to step in and get us rolling for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I've said previously that the current ownership won't make quick decisions to dispense with any of their Head coach appointments. They are data-led people who will want a decent sample size before they reach judgement, but obviously with every passing game and defeat that sample size gets greater and the pressure increases.

Perhaps the biggest unknown factor is how much responsibility the directors take upon themselves for the lack of defensive recruitment. A lot of previous owners wouldn't have been big enough to look at themselves in the mirror for long if there was an easier way out of just sacking the manager and putting all the blame on him, but from day one these owners have been different. If they look at the situation and genuinely believe that this season's defensive problems are as much their responsibility as that of the (former or current) Head Coach, then the pressure on Maynard might not be as great as we might think from a typical fans' viewpoint.

One thing's for sure, with a team that are the second highest scorers in the league and yet with the joint most goals conceded, it's obvious where the recruitment focus needs to be in the summer, whoever ends up in charge next season.
    SM has lost the dressing room to use a cliche. Data irrelevant now because the players don’t believe in him. No one likes player power but putting a rookie in charge of these players is negligence by the owners. Unbelievably naive. It worries me that they can’t see what most of us see ref the defence and the new coach.
    I heard that LW wanted to sign 3 new players in Jan - defenders I guess - and the owners refused. That must have been a factor in what happened next.
    They made a mint on LW’s compensation so it’s time to invest some of it in quality decisions rather than the one sized fits all strategy they are slavishly following, and which has clearly failed.
    I’d go for Warnock now as interim just to get the motivation levels up - he’s very good at sorting problems and putting smiles on faces. And the fans will back him.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMagpie60 View Post
    SM has lost the dressing room to use a cliche. Data irrelevant now because the players don’t believe in him. No one likes player power but putting a rookie in charge of these players is negligence by the owners. Unbelievably naive. It worries me that they can’t see what most of us see ref the defence and the new coach.
    I heard that LW wanted to sign 3 new players in Jan - defenders I guess - and the owners refused. That must have been a factor in what happened next.
    They made a mint on LW’s compensation so it’s time to invest some of it in quality decisions rather than the one sized fits all strategy they are slavishly following, and which has clearly failed.
    I’d go for Warnock now as interim just to get the motivation levels up - he’s very good at sorting problems and putting smiles on faces. And the fans will back him.
    Well we are going to find what the owners about. They are under no obligation to put that money back in as their way over already 10m put in the club, it maybe be closer to 20.
    The thing is no one knows what’s happening. There could be the case they are playing for him but just can’t get going and lost their confidence with the heavy defeats over the summer, it’s all rumour at the moment.

over the season I meant

Quote Originally Posted by OldMagpie60 View Post
    In January we signed 5 players

Robertson
    Ashby Hammond
    Warner
    Colkett
    Jatta

Unless he wanted 3 new defenders in which we didn't have room in the squad. We replaced Bajrami and Palmer with Robertson and Colkett, I think we signed Jatta to give some cover for Macca as Scott is still some way off so only left Warner unless we could ship out the likes of Brindley and Rawlinson and I can't see a massive queue for them

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast