+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Charge West Brom

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s your f kin age group who are up and down like Monica Lewinsky with their multiple toilet trips.

Be careful what you wish for!
    You don’t really think that I was being serious, do you? Although, I don’t have any navy blue and white striped underpants……….!

Anyway, Mick, are you going to the match on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Anyway, Mick, are you going to the match on Saturday?

Yes Kets,

To the utter delight of all of the regulars I sat next to for many years I am in attendance on Saturday with my son and he’s bringing his partner’s daughter to her first ever match, she’s begged him to take her to a game.

She’s 9 years old and recently started playing football at school and loves it and so we are adding a new fan to the fold on Saturday.

Will you be gracing us with your geriatric presence at the weekend?

It's such a regressed form of human in 2024.
    I wonder could they be deported to fight the Russian army in Ukraine seen as they are so brave at a sporting event with women and young children present.

The incident during the Wolves match has definitely besmirched our name. This is a great shame as I was always under the impression that away fans rated the Hawthorns as one of their favourite and friendliest grounds to visit. Let’s hope that we can remain welcoming to away fans in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    The incident during the Wolves match has definitely besmirched our name. This is a great shame as I was always under the impression that away fans rated the Hawthorns as one of their favourite and friendliest grounds to visit. Let’s hope that we can remain welcoming to away fans in the future.
    We’ve had a great reputation for years Leicester. It was irresponsible of the Wolves fans. It’s not as if we are Millwall is it? We are an all embracing family club. The idiot fans who did the stupid thing should be banned from attending their own matches and any West Brom fans who were out of control should be penalised too. This was nothing that could have been dealt with by any other club if it happened to them. That’s why it’s unfair. The FA are sending a message but to the wrong target.

I don’t think we’ve really helped ourselves in some ways. Playing the liquidator before big derby games is never a sensible start.

It’s a shame the club will suffer from the thugs who turned up to that game but probably won’t attend another this season.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    I don’t think we’ve really helped ourselves in some ways. Playing the liquidator before big derby games is never a sensible start.

It’s a shame the club will suffer from the thugs who turned up to that game but probably won’t attend another this season.
    Playing the Liquidator had absolutely nothing to do with the actions displayed on the day. ZERO. Unless it carries a subliminal message to exact petulant behaviours long after it's finished playing of course.

But if that were the case I feel sure I wouldn't have been able to control myself or my own actions. It's a shame that some people can't behave themselves but I'm struggling to remember widespread disorder and acts of violence akin to the 70s and 80s.

Yes FA actions will follow and rightly so, but from some of the reactions in the media I could be mistaken for thinking we're lucky events didn't escalate to another 'Heysel Disaster'.

I witnessed more violence on my first night of under age drinking in the former Londonderry pub in Smethwich at the age of 15 than against Wolves in the FA Cup.... can't imagine the scenes if they'd have had the Liquidator on the jukebox 😉 .

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post

I just can't see how playing the liquidator before the start of the game and the main incident that happened about what - 80 mins in, can be connected? The length of time between the two was too long. And I also remember the club putting out a press release a couple of days before the game asking for fans to behave themselves. That must be taken into account too.

Its really hard to see what more the club could have done to avoid the trouble. From what I can see they took a lot of steps to ensure it didn't happen. And had the (maybe 2 Wolves fans) not got tickets in the Halfords then it wouldn't have kicked off as it did and in all likelihood wouldn't be talking about it now.

I also don't understand why its taken the FA 6 weeks to charge us. Its almost like they enjoy prolonging these things. It was unsavoury and uncalled for and will likely lead to a fine for us. Just get on with it without it needing to take months.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I just can't see how playing the liquidator before the start of the game and the main incident that happened about what - 80 mins in, can be connected? The length of time between the two was too long. And I also remember the club putting out a press release a couple of days before the game asking for fans to behave themselves. That must be taken into account too.

Its really hard to see what more the club could have done to avoid the trouble. From what I can see they took a lot of steps to ensure it didn't happen. And had the (maybe 2 Wolves fans) not got tickets in the Halfords then it wouldn't have kicked off as it did and in all likelihood wouldn't be talking about it now.

I also don't understand why it’s taken the FA 6 weeks to charge us. It’s almost like they enjoy prolonging these things. It was unsavoury and uncalled for and will likely lead to a fine for us. Just get on with it without it needing to take months.
    I completely agree 123.

The six week hiatus no doubt allows them to have numerous meetings and stopovers at vast expense whilst they make themselves feel important..

I can go back in my memory to 1972 and remind myself that I can’t remember Albion fans starting trouble at a home game, I can’t make the same commitment about away games other than to say I’ve never seen us do it at away matches I’ve attended.

I’ve seen Spurs in 76, Leeds in 82 and Millwall in 83 cause mayhem at our ground and the odd incident like where Chelsea fans got tickets in the Brummie Rd a decade ago but very little else.

If we were Millwall I’d understand it or if we were constantly advertising that we had “a crew” like West Ham but we don’t.

I reckon that if you did a national survey of away fans they’d say that ours is one of the safest grounds in the country to visit wearing your team colours.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)