Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
I completely agree 123.

The six week hiatus no doubt allows them to have numerous meetings and stopovers at vast expense whilst they make themselves feel important..

I can go back in my memory to 1972 and remind myself that I can’t remember Albion fans starting trouble at a home game, I can’t make the same commitment about away games other than to say I’ve never seen us do it at away matches I’ve attended.

I’ve seen Spurs in 76, Leeds in 82 and Millwall in 83 cause mayhem at our ground and the odd incident like where Chelsea fans got tickets in the Brummie Rd a decade ago but very little else.

If we were Millwall I’d understand it or if we were constantly advertising that we had “a crew” like West Ham but we don’t.

I reckon that if you did a national survey of away fans they’d say that ours is one of the safest grounds in the country to visit wearing your team colours.
That’s the travesty. We are one of the safest grounds in the country. Just a couple of bonehead wolves fans and some overreactive West Brom fans. How could any officials have had a clue that was going to happen?