+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Motherwell Away Match Thread March 16th

We needed a bit of luck and we got it yesterday.
    We've been masters of our own downfall this season, but every team needs that bit of luck and our first in a while.

Sportsound weren't happy with the decision, so even better

Big game in two weeks at home to Ross County and would like to think we continue where we left off yesterday.

Livi away after County is another three points for the taking, but we can't trust the players enough to believe we are winning these games.

Still, onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Maybe to put in in simpler terms.

Did a team gain any measurable advantage/disadvantage as a result of accidental contact between ball and hand/arm? ... If not? then nothing to see here ... move on.
    Still too subjective for me neeps.

It could easily be argued Motherwell did gain a measurable advantage. The ball was deflected & slowed by the contact & it fell perfectly for the Motherwell boy to bang it into the middle. Would that have happened without the deflection? Maybe/maybe not.

Simple rule for me:

Was the handball deliberate?
    Yes = Pen / free kick to defending team

No = question 2
    Did the non deliberate handball stop the ball going in the net?
    Yes = pen
    No = no pen

Not perfect, but about as simple & black & white as I can get it. Would certainly stop 90% of the utterly shyte pens we’re seeing given these days…

Well well well. Wasn't at all confident yesterday but by god did we need that. I think we deserved it overall. Much better performance all round although it wouldn't have been difficult to improve on Wednesday. Onwards and upwards now. No looking back.

Just watched the highlights there. I can see why Motherwell would be upset about the VAR decisions, but that's fitba.

Why were we not wearing our away kit? I thought we always did when playing Motherwell?

Did not see that coming at all, but credit where credit is due.
    Well done lads and a clean as well, well done.
    As others have said this is only a small step and we are not out of the woods yet by any stretch of the imagination and this is only the start.
    This result shows that we can do it, we just need to show that every week from now on in and we will be fine.
    Consistency (or lack of it) has been our biggest problem this season, the only time we have shown any level of consistency is when we have been on a run of consistently sh1te performances and that has to change.
    Great win, great 2 points now go on and keep it up.
    COYR

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Did not see that coming at all, but credit where credit is due.
    Well done lads and a clean as well, well done.
    As others have said this is only a small step and we are not out of the woods yet by any stretch of the imagination and this is only the start.
    This result shows that we can do it, we just need to show that every week from now on in and we will be fine.
    Consistency (or lack of it) has been our biggest problem this season, the only time we have shown any level of consistency is when we have been on a run of consistently sh1te performances and that has to change.
    Great win, great 2 points now go on and keep it up.
    COYR
    and they say Dons fans live in the 80s...

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    and they say Dons fans live in the 80s...
    oops well spotted min
    Meant three points lol
    Still in a state of shock at actually getting a win and keeping a clean sheet
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 18-03-2024 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    Just watched the highlights there. I can see why Motherwell would be upset about the VAR decisions, but that's fitba.
    For their disallowed goal :
    Bair had his arm outstretched so foul and no goal.
    Imagine that that had been a defender. They'd be p*ssed off if that wasn't given as a penalty.

For their penalty claim :
    Yes it should have been a penalty. Shinnie stupidly moved his arm to the ball.

VAR is a joke and the officials on and off-field are useless.
    But we've been f*cked by it enough since its introduction so, as you said, "that's fitba".

Motherwell have written to the SFA to complain about VAR.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345