+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If I was Jatta

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    He’s looked next to useless so far to me but that doesn’t mean won’t come good. I imagine Maynard will start him just for the hell of it before too long, because why not?
    Well, if you play someone useless long enough, they inevitably 'turn it round' and become world beaters, like with managers. Even Bebe scored a goal recently, 14 years after Man United signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    That's just the nature of Denmark, it hasn't got a big population. But they did play in the Europa Conference, albeit West Ham knocked them out.
    So, do you think that pound for pound, historically speaking, taking into consideration stadium capacity, population and fanbase that Viborg are a bigger football club than Notts County?

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    So, do you think that pound for pound, historically speaking, taking into consideration stadium capacity, population and fanbase that Viborg are a bigger football club than Notts County?
    They don't have the tradition we have, the former glories, but right now, bigger, yes, because they play in their country's top division. And that is a country that has won the Euros, unlike us. This is a bit of a first for me because I am usually arguing that Notts are a big club and should have more ambition, but we clearly don't right now.

What I really mean is I doubt Jatta had ever heard of us and after playing against teams that compete in the Champions League, like Copenhagen, he is unlikely to be overawed by League Two. And he certainly isn't the best Viborg have to offer, he wasn't getting into the first team.

Why did we buy him? Maybe Viborg had a cash flow problem, I don't know, but don't expect too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    What games have you been watching, on his debut he was a one man wrecking machine that caused (I think Gillingham?) absolute chaos with their defence
    Obviously different games to you, because I was at the Gillingham game and what you said just didn't happen. He caused "absolute chaos" ffs? He showed a few glimpses of promise, but they coped with him and the rest of the team comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Obviously different games to you, because I was at the Gillingham game and what you said just didn't happen. He caused "absolute chaos" ffs? He showed a few glimpses of promise, but they coped with him and the rest of the team comfortably.
    So then having to put two players on him and then fouling him constantly wasn't causing havoc? Checked your eyes recently old man?

So then having to put two players on him and then fouling him constantly wasn't causing havoc? Checked your eyes recently old man?
    If you seriously saw anyone in a Notts shirt "causing havoc" against Gillingham then you need first priority on a Specsavers appointment. They dealt with everything we threw at them pretty easily.

I seem to recall Jodie Jones having a stinker of a first half on his debut, was it? Chesterfield? Then turned it around completely in second half.
    Jatta's only had a few minutes here and there. Mind you, that might be because he hasn't shown enough in training, of course.

You are embarrassing yourself mate. Jatta wasn’t even in the squad v Gillingham let alone causing havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    You are embarrassing yourself mate. Jatta wasn’t even in the squad v Gillingham let alone causing havoc.
    Yeah it was Crewe he made his debut against and the only thing that was wrecked was his first touch.

I stand corrected if it was Crewe rather than Gillingham, but my first impression is unchanged. Jatta showed the odd bit of promise but had no real impact on the game. I hope he comes good, but I'm not sure he's what we need at the moment even though we are desperate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast