+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If I was Jatta

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    What games have you been watching, on his debut he was a one man wrecking machine that caused (I think Gillingham?) absolute chaos with their defence
    Perhaps he tried too hard, we've hardly seen him since. I wonder if SM is sulking because he hasn't been given the defenders we need, yet we've splashed out £125k on a striker we didn't really need or at least wasn't a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Perhaps he tried too hard, we've hardly seen him since. I wonder if SM is sulking because he hasn't been given the defenders we need, yet we've splashed out £125k on a striker we didn't really need or at least wasn't a priority.
    When we signed Jatta we were looking for something different off of the bench, so the signing was needed.
    However we all knew that we needed some proper defenders

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I would certainly be questioning my decision to join Notts. Very poor Manager, extremely poor defence, low morale and Meadow Lane about to turn toxic.
    On top of that, the poor lad is only ever thrown on when we are already chasing the game and going into melt down. He has been given absolutely no opportunity to showcase his abilities. He is chasing lost causes and ghosts. Worse still over the top high balls which simply is not his game.
    Yet we persist with ML who it's obvious to most is short of confidence and is looking weary. We paid 150K , for god's sake let's start him, in current form we have nothing to lose.
    I agree with ML short on confidence but not that he’s looking weary. I haven’t once seen him not chasing defenders and trying to get on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    I am sure he is on more money, playing for a bigger club and surely things will start to improve at the club, eventually ������
    Are we a bigger club than Viborg? They play in the Danish Superliga and obviously have better players than him, given he was mainly used as a substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I would certainly be questioning my decision to join Notts. Very poor Manager, extremely poor defence, low morale and Meadow Lane about to turn toxic.
    Without a doubt. I'm sure though that a number of his new team mates have been advising him - to the tune of 'it'll change soon' 'hang on in there' so that he understands that he walked in at absolutely the worst possible time

I’m starting to think that it won’t actually change any time soon. Ive just a feeling the owners will give him a chance next season after a summers worth of recruiting and, hopefully, strengthening!

It sure looks bad now but for the first 20 - 30 minutes on Tuesday we looked like the early season Notts County, pressing high, quick passing and pretty fluid. We scored the goal and then just flopped and played ourselves out of the game over a period of 40-50 minutes until we looked unrecognisable from the side at the beginning of the match.

It appeared to me the players were still trying and running for the manager, which was a good sign. Even at the start of the second half we started well but couldn’t get a foothold from about 60 minutes onwards, and finally capitulated horrendously. I didn’t think we were atrocious against Wimbledon either, we were the better team for large spells and had Macca buried one of his chances it could’ve been another story.

Rightly or wrongly Maynard is learning on the job half way through a season with a team and fans who loved the previous manager, high expectations, and a team starting to stutter with a horrendous looking run of games to baptise him with. To me there are subtle signs creeping in that perhaps he can get us firing again….imagine what a win on Saturday would do for everyone’s confidence. What doesn’t, or won’t help, is turning Meadow Lane into that horrible toxic place that we all know so well.

Perhaps we could just get behind him whilst he is here. Some of the personal abuse I’ve seen thrown his way is nothing short of a disgrace.
    Last edited by TSANHO; 14-03-2024 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Are we a bigger club than Viborg? They play in the Danish Superliga and obviously have better players than him, given he was mainly used as a substitute.
    Well, they average 6,500 in the Danish top league, we average 10,000 in the English bottom league. I think the numbers speak for themselves.

Like the lad from Crewe just seems a very strange signing that solved none of the issues we have. Makes me wonder whether we signed them for off the pitch reasons( favours to agents? Tax write off?)

He’s looked next to useless so far to me but that doesn’t mean won’t come good. I imagine Maynard will start him just for the hell of it before too long, because why not?
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 14-03-2024 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    Well, they average 6,500 in the Danish top league, we average 10,000 in the English bottom league. I think the numbers speak for themselves.
    That's just the nature of Denmark, it hasn't got a big population. But they did play in the Europa Conference, albeit West Ham knocked them out.

Bro (Chris) takes out a wedge, "here bro (Alex) stick this 130k in yer pocket".
    Transfer sorted.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast