+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If I was Jatta

If I was Jatta

I would certainly be questioning my decision to join Notts. Very poor Manager, extremely poor defence, low morale and Meadow Lane about to turn toxic.
    On top of that, the poor lad is only ever thrown on when we are already chasing the game and going into melt down. He has been given absolutely no opportunity to showcase his abilities. He is chasing lost causes and ghosts. Worse still over the top high balls which simply is not his game.
    Yet we persist with ML who it's obvious to most is short of confidence and is looking weary. We paid 150K , for god's sake let's start him, in current form we have nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I would certainly be questioning my decision to join Notts. Very poor Manager, extremely poor defence, low morale and Meadow Lane about to turn toxic.
    On top of that, the poor lad is only ever thrown on when we are already chasing the game and going into melt down. He has been given absolutely no opportunity to showcase his abilities. He is chasing lost causes and ghosts. Worse still over the top high balls which simply is not his game.
    Yet we persist with ML who it's obvious to most is short of confidence and is looking weary. We paid 150K , for god's sake let's start him, in current form we have nothing to lose.
    You have to think that Jatta would be a very good foil for ML. Big lad pushing the CBs and freeing up a bit of space for ML. He has to play him on Saturday surely?

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I am sure he is on more money, playing for a bigger club and surely things will start to improve at the club, eventually 🤞🤞🤞

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    You have to think that Jatta would be a very good foil for ML. Big lad pushing the CBs and freeing up a bit of space for ML. He has to play him on Saturday surely?
    He’s not a big lad in the traditional sense. He’s a gangly light weight forward. Folk talk about Jatta like he was this power house forward that will rough defenders up. He’s not. Just like the rest of the squad he is physically not imposing.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    He’s not a big lad in the traditional sense. He’s a gangly light weight forward. Folk talk about Jatta like he was this power house forward that will rough defenders up. He’s not. Just like the rest of the squad he is physically not imposing.
    I agree that lumping fight balls in his general direction is not really how we should be using him, but I wouldn't say he is light weight at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    What's the odds that he won't start Ssturdsy

I can't get my head around signing someone for six figures, making all this extra-special content around his arrival, and then playing him for five minutes every now and then. 100k isn't mega money, but it's not an insignificant amount either. I'd imagine that's the most we've paid for someone since the Hardy days.

It's especially weird against the backdrop of a defence that desperately needed sorting in January and our system only requiring one striker - the league's top scorer.

I just don't see how he gets a game unless Langstaff is injured, suspended, or sold. No way we'll play two up front like the good old days.

If I was Jatta…. I’d ask to play centre half.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I can't get my head around signing someone for six figures, making all this extra-special content around his arrival, and then playing him for five minutes every now and then. 100k isn't mega money, but it's not an insignificant amount either. I'd imagine that's the most we've paid for someone since the Hardy days.

It's especially weird against the backdrop of a defence that desperately needed sorting in January and our system only requiring one striker - the league's top scorer.

I just don't see how he gets a game unless Langstaff is injured, suspended, or sold. No way we'll play two up front like the good old days.
    Sometimes McGoldrick played as the most advanced attacking player, with Langstaff behind as part of the three. That would be a sensible way to get Jatta furthest forward and Macca running off him.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    What games have you been watching, on his debut he was a one man wrecking machine that caused (I think Gillingham?) absolute chaos with their defence

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast