+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corporate price increases for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Yes, well, the empty seats now show Stewart is having a laugh with prices. General ground, I wonder what’s to come?
    Really? 4 years without an increase surely that couldn't continue.

I've said earlier on in the season that I would not object to a S/T increase, after all we haven't had one for ten years now. Just think on how much the rest of the clubs near us charge, Weds prices have you shouting, 'How Much?' IF Tony put the prices up yes it would come as a shock, however, had he added a small increment year on year for the last 10 years it would have been more acceptable than say all at once.

Like I said, IF he does go ahead with one, here's another point to ponder, had he followed that plan just think on how much more revenue may have been made available to Managers through those years to bring a better class of player in.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Can you get a package with just food and drink and no football?
    That's what they been served nearly all season

Quite a pleasant evening out can still be had for £52.18. As opposed to a crap afternoon at NYS

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist, on the times I've used corporate I've found the food okay but I've tasted and been served much better for the money but I have also had some great meals, suppose who the chef is on the day. One of the biggest taker out of your payment is covering all the servers. Last young lady I spoke to travelled from Liverpool via an agency with her friends, not sure how they got there on the day. I should think this is very costly for the club to pay out on and possibly needs looking at .

Best person to pass judgement on the meals I would say is Avondale who is a regular in there. As for the bar prices they are *cough* very over priced. I suppose that's how they make some money back to balance the books so to speak.
    Brin, our 1st year was mid the 3 year cycle, so we paid over the top, then this season went up again. Now, we can sign for 3 years at a far lower price and get the cup games thrown in( hahaha) that's not going to last long.

A lot of people I speak to in there claim their VAT back thro a small( friends) company.Some bigger companies have large tables(12), for clients and workers and sponsor the club and have free beer, that's why the MOM is a laugh.

Caytons inflation comparision is a fair comment, but what else in the hospitality plays by the rules.

The Gold deal is for the Carvery option, and self service. The platinium deal also give you the option to use the carvery if you don't fancy the Main course. The girls who serve us are working for Elior, who pays TS to run the hospitality. So I can't see any extra cost for us after they've agreed a price with TS for the privilage. Katie, a small lady with tied back dark hair, is from Sheffield and a pig fan. She also goes to Birmingham when needed, so it's worth their while to travel. I'll ask her what they get from Elior when i see her this week.

I didn't know about the Silver option, no food but bar access. They are up on the top level with TS and gang, but pushed to the sides....lol

Owt else just ask me.................UTM.
    Last edited by avondalemiller; 14-03-2024 at 09:37 PM.

People want better players at the club so we'll have to pay for them. Can't expect TS to keep shelving out, if we're not prepared to do our bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocksgloves1 View Post
    People want better players at the club so we'll have to pay for them. Can't expect TS to keep shelving out, if we're not prepared to do our bit.
    Prawn sarnie or pleb’s pie, a product is being sold here, so it’s up to the buyer to decide if it’s worth it.

Only a mug would pay steak prices for a beef burger

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Really? 4 years without an increase surely that couldn't continue.

I've said earlier on in the season that I would not object to a S/T increase, after all we haven't had one for ten years now. Just think on how much the rest of the clubs near us charge, Weds prices have you shouting, 'How Much?' IF Tony put the prices up yes it would come as a shock, however, had he added a small increment year on year for the last 10 years it would have been more acceptable than say all at once.

Like I said, IF he does go ahead with one, here's another point to ponder, had he followed that plan just think on how much more revenue may have been made available to Managers through those years to bring a better class of player in.
    What planet have you been on??? Pull the other one.
    Since covid there has been £25 a year put on ST’s. What was £245 pre covid was 290 this season.
    (Done it for the last two season at around £1.x per game)

To say no increase in 10 years is fooling no one. What you have to look at is how much is being put on recently (and again?) compared to the product they expect us to watch.
    What other fans pay is not relevant at all.

Expenditure has gone up, but it has been wasted on players. All the good undone and added ST’s will drift away. Going down and increasing prices will be counter productive at this time of economic squeeze. The club is seen to be prudent and lost a pittance (in football terms) compared to others.
    So making fans pay in a poor town, 3 years running will see ST’s dwindle. If he does up them….backlash. And he will be seen to be in about as much touch as politicians.
    A quid a ticket brings us little in further quality of player….all the sky money x2, adverising, and player sales funded most of it.
    ST’s increases don’t do much. But again, will tip the balance and revenue actually decreases.

Beware Tony.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12