+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corporate price increases for next season.

Corporate price increases for next season.

Having received a message/text from two of our fans who use the corporate facilities on a regular basis, it got me thinking.

We've had a god damn awful season on the pitch, that's the polite version, and then when you are landed with a price increase on facilities for next season, it's almost like a double slap in the face, not a nice feeling. However, taking into consideration of the fact corporate prices have had no increase for four years makes you think how fortunate our fans and others who have used the facilities have benefited from it.

Four years is a long time and when you take into account wage increases, the cost of food which has rocketed how many fold? Added to this are astronomical utility bills that have simply gone through the roof even for us home dwellers, never mind businesses that have much larger premises to heat, provide lighting and toilet facilities for. It kind of makes you wonder how they've managed to make it pay. Okay the bar will generate a chunk of revenue but not everyone drinks, so to speak.

If anyone is looking to use the corporate facilities over the next three years then the new prices on offer make sense if purchased on the three year scheme. I know of several people/parties that use the corporate room and some have already renewed. Here are the three packages on offer that include League and cup games. It's 50/50 we get drawn at home but next season will see us in three cup rounds. Start with the FA Cup in round 1, then there's the Carabao Cup (League Cup) and not forgetting the Bristol Motors trophy one of our Wembley favourites. Here's what's on offer:

Platinum - 3 course meal
    2 years = 2200 + VAT
    3 years= 1900 + VAT - a saving of £300 which is the more appealing if you're a regular attender.

Gold - 2 course meal
    1 year = £2000 + VAT
    2 years = £2000 + VAT
    3 years = £1750 + VAT - a saving of £250

Silver - Non - dining
    1 year = £1400 + VAT
    2 years = £1400 + VAT
    3 years = £1200 + VAT - a saving of £200
    I didn't know this was available as I thought it was all dining. Only counting the league games this is approximately £52.18 a game so, double the normal entrance fee. Some may think this is steep but during the cold, wet winter months it may appeal to some fans also, factor in you get to be entertained pre match with John Breck's chats and get to meet a player(s) after the match.

As a comparison and a slight digression, I was talking to a West Ham fan on my last holiday. I asked him what their ticket prices were for a home game. He said he use to use their corporate facilities but at £295 and £5,605 a season he found it too expensive so he took the next corporate package available. It is on a lower level but classed as a corporate room and for, wait for it, £185 per match he receives a free pint of beer/lager and a match day programme! That is still an eye watering £3,515 per season. Okay it's Premier League football but come on, would you pay that for a pint?

Going back to our corporate prices, I would have thought there would be an incentive on the two year deal and not to be the same price as a one year deal.
    Last edited by Brin; 14-03-2024 at 12:22 PM.

What's in a typical 3 course meal?

I assume drinks are an overpriced pay bar?

Out of curiosity, is corporate used for its intended purpose, or do some use it as an upgraded fan experience?

My problem with the price increase is 12 year ago for the gold, it was £950. Using a inflation calculator today Inc inflation £1300.34.
    You would have to go back to 1998s worth of inflation to get to £1750

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    My problem with the price increase is 12 year ago for the gold, it was £950. Using a inflation calculator today Inc inflation £1300.34.
    Yes, well, the empty seats now show Stewart is having a laugh with prices. General ground, I wonder what’s to come?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Having received a message/text from two of our fans who use the corporate facilities on a regular basis, it got me thinking.

We've had a god damn awful season on the pitch, that's the polite version, and then when you are landed with a price increase on facilities for next season, it's almost like a double slap in the face, not a nice feeling. However, taking into consideration of the fact corporate prices have had no increase for four years makes you think how fortunate our fans and others who have used the facilities have benefited from it.

Four years is a long time and when you take into account wage increases, the cost of food which has rocketed how many fold? Added to this are astronomical utility bills that have simply gone through the roof even for us home dwellers, never mind businesses that have much larger premises to heat, provide lighting and toilet facilities for. It kind of makes you wonder how they've managed to make it pay. Okay the bar will generate a chunk of revenue but not everyone drinks, so to speak.

If anyone is looking to use the corporate facilities over the next three years then the new prices on offer make sense if purchased on the three year scheme. I know of several people/parties that use the corporate room and some have already renewed. Here are the three packages on offer that include League and cup games. It's 50/50 we get drawn at home but next season will see us in three cup rounds. Start with the FA Cup in round 1, then there's the Carabao Cup (League Cup) and not forgetting the Bristol Motors trophy one of our Wembley favourites. Here's what's on offer:

Platinum - 3 course meal
    2 years = 2200 + VAT
    3 years= 1900 + VAT - a saving of £300 which is the more appealing if you're a regular attender.

Gold - 2 course meal
    1 year = £2000 + VAT
    2 years = £2000 + VAT
    3 years = £1750 + VAT - a saving of £250

Silver - Non - dining
    1 year = £1400 + VAT
    2 years = £1400 + VAT
    3 years = £1200 + VAT - a saving of £200
    I didn't know this was available as I thought it was all dining. Only counting the league games this is approximately £52.18 a game so, double the normal entrance fee. Some may think this is steep but during the cold, wet winter months it may appeal to some fans also, factor in you get to be entertained pre match with John Breck's chats and get to meet a player(s) after the match.

As a comparison and a slight digression, I was talking to a West Ham fan on my last holiday. I asked him what their ticket prices were for a home game. He said he use to use their corporate facilities but at £295 and £5,605 a season he found it too expensive so he took the next corporate package available. It is on a lower level but classed as a corporate room and for, wait for it, £185 per match he receives a free pint of beer/lager and a match day programme! That is still an eye watering £3,515 per season. Okay it's Premier League football but come on, would you pay that for a pint?

Going back to our corporate prices, I would have thought there would be an incentive on the two year deal and not to be the same price as a one year deal.
    Apparently I was mis quoted as there is a small difference between the 1 and 2 year deals.

The 1 year deal is just for League games only while the 2 year deal has the added incentive of League and Cup games included in the price. I know they are the same price but because you are committing to pay for a 2 year deal that's the added incentive. Makes sense therefore to take up a 2 year deal if you intend using the facilities over 48 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    What's in a typical 3 course meal?

I assume drinks are an overpriced pay bar?
    Grist, on the times I've used corporate I've found the food okay but I've tasted and been served much better for the money but I have also had some great meals, suppose who the chef is on the day. One of the biggest taker out of your payment is covering all the servers. Last young lady I spoke to travelled from Liverpool via an agency with her friends, not sure how they got there on the day. I should think this is very costly for the club to pay out on and possibly needs looking at .

Best person to pass judgement on the meals I would say is Avondale who is a regular in there. As for the bar prices they are *cough* very over priced. I suppose that's how they make some money back to balance the books so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Out of curiosity, is corporate used for its intended purpose, or do some use it as an upgraded fan experience?
    Ulley, I would say the vast majority make up the latter of your question. It does make a change now and again say for a celebration/birthday etc.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Coin you've got yer tight two hat

Can you get a package with just food and drink and no football?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast