+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's over

It's over

The "rivalry" with Wrexham, I think it's over and maybe it might be looked back at as a one season wonder.

However, it does currently give a good benchmark for the progress both clubs have made since returning to the football league.

Wrexham are currently 20 points ahead of Notts County and have only lost 8 games compared to Notts County's 17.

Just wondered, what have Wrexham done better?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post

Bought more players than us from Lg1 / Championship last year and did it again this year?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Bought more players than us from Lg1 / Championship last year and did it again this year?
    That's the top and bottom of it.

I've not really thought about Wrexham this season, certainly not in terms of any rivalry with them. They're just another team.

I remember the time when people on here were saying they much preferred having our owners to McReynolds.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Exactly, being even close to them last season was a miracle and obviously aided by weaker opposition in that league. Their wage bill will be double ours and also paid 1-2 million in transfer fees over the couple of years or so.

Just about everything. Better players, owners prepared to flash the cash, able to dip into the market and chase specific players, streetwise manager. They fell lucky with their owners and good luck to them (if the crest of the wave they are on crashes against the beach it could get messy).

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I remember the time when people on here were saying they much preferred having our owners to McReynolds.
    Lol
    I still do. Best of luck to Wrexham mind. You take it when you get that and you have been in NL for 15 years or whatever it was. Our owners are fantastic compared to the previous several lot. Yes the recruitment not great. I am sure it will be sorted out. I wasn't so sure under Trew or Hardy god knows about Munto and definitely not the Trust! Should i continue?

Other than the battle for the only automatic promotion place from the NL, Wrexham have never been and never will be a rival to Notts.
    They have a massive budget, great PR, players from levels above L2.
    I will be interested to see how they fare against the bigger teams in L1. Pompey and Derby should be gone but that could still leave the likes of Blackpool, Wigan, Charlton, Barnsley.
    With their financial backing however, I would still expect Wrexham to be in the playoff mix.

Pumped in far more cash than we have, simple as that. So been able to bring in L1/Championship players on daft wages for L2.

By the way Wrexham are far from promoted and could well still be in L2 next season.

Never saw it as a rivalry really. It'll be interesting to see how long Parkinson gets when they aren't challenging for promoting.

I was watching the Crawley match with Crawley commentators on. They were reading out messages from fans with one guy mentioned as he was watching the match in Chicago with his American friends who remembered Notts from the Wrexham documentary and that they still hated us.

I thought that was weird, especially with the narrative the documentary gave us as worthy opponents to the NL.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast