+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Unofficial Merch

New Unofficial Merch

Morning fellow Shed Boys & Girls

I hope you are all great.

I recently kicked off my own bootleg merchandise for the club we love Dundee United and the idea is to produce first class merch, made in Scotland that lasts the test of time.

I started off with two designs, one with the old 'DUFC' badge and the other is a nod to one of my favourite United songs 'My One And Only You.

The aim is to channel the nostalgia of these formative years whilst infusing each garment with a modern aesthetic, capturing the spirit of these special and cherished moments cheering on the team we love.

We have lots of exciting things planned for the brand and would appreciate your support.
    www.eaststandlower.com
    instagram - @eaststandlower.esl

GGDU

No offence or anything bud,but my honest view is that if I'm gonna pay £30 for a plain t shirt with just the club badge on it then it's gonna have to be official club merchandise and the money going back into the club we all love.

United fan ripping off the Club 🤨

Totally agree with previous two posters. Should we really be allowing advertising on this forum for, by their own admission, bootleg products?
    At best this is only taking away income from our club. At worst it is likely advertising illegal merchandise infringing United's copyright!

Now if someone was knocking out some Goodwin GTF! t shirts they'd be on a f*cking winner!

That I would buy, but ripping out from the support especially at such a high price is a little shytty.

I remember the days when there was street vendors outside most matches and the merch was fine for the season and created some good banter.

To be honest I have no issue with the seller trying to make a buck/living with this type of thing.

If you want the merch then buy it if you think it’s overpriced and or would rather fund the club then fair play too.

I’m getting to the stage where I’m like “feck the clubs”! the constant begging fans for money and then p1ssing it away or rich people trousering it gets on my nerves! This isn’t a United rant but football in gerneral.

Football shirts costing £60+ is absolute robbery. Clubs like the English premiership teams but even more so Barca and Real Madrid rinsing their fans relentlessly whilst claiming they are skint really gets on me! Stop paying players £600k A WEEK then you selfish idiots!

So back on topic…wee solo traders trying to make some extra cash doesn’t bother me in the slightest!

An interesting story from me. I used to work at a sportswear brand in the early 00s. I can tell you that a club's shirts that sold for £40 in the UK could (depending on order size) cost less than $3US from the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sande_Man View Post
    To be honest I have no issue with the seller trying to make a buck/living with this type of thing.

If you want the merch then buy it if you think it’s overpriced and or would rather fund the club then fair play too.

I’m getting to the stage where I’m like “feck the clubs”! the constant begging fans for money and then p1ssing it away or rich people trousering it gets on my nerves! This isn’t a United rant but football in gerneral.

Football shirts costing £60+ is absolute robbery. Clubs like the English premiership teams but even more so Barca and Real Madrid rinsing their fans relentlessly whilst claiming they are skint really gets on me! Stop paying players £600k A WEEK then you selfish idiots!

So back on topic…wee solo traders trying to make some extra cash doesn’t bother me in the slightest!
    Ogren asking the Foundation for help of the upkeep of Tannadice. That is disgraceful.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)