+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Retained list.

For me the ones worth keeping are Johannson (although he was never as good as Vickers) Kioso Odoffin and Tiehi.
    Based on their commitment recently I'd be glad to see the back of all the others. They obviously don't want to be at Rotherham. The new manager we'll get in the autumn won't want them here either.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    We've one amazing player..Vik.
    A few decent players ,Oddofin, Ollie, Humphreys, Tiehi , Clucas ,Revan, Blackett, Lindsay....er,that's about it.
    Obviously We've 3 of our own strikers, who you'd like to think could score in league 1,but I don't think we need all 3,plus we need something other than a great lump up front, Green possibly ?
    So we must target the same lacking areas as this season, attacking midfielders and wingers.
    Also get some of our youngsters in the squad, are they really no good for league one?
    Anyway, can see loads of changes, and rightly so, which often means a season of transition and not promotion, will the natives settle for that ?

We're going to disagree about Green. If you could check back on here I said after pre-season friendly's he didn't convince me. When season started proper played on right didn't work cause he's not a wide player. Played him on the left he could put odd decent cross in cutting inside but I want a wide left player who can go on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    We're going to disagree about Green. If you could check back on here I said after pre-season friendly's he didn't convince me. When season started proper played on right didn't work cause he's not a wide player. Played him on the left he could put odd decent cross in cutting inside but I want a wide left player who can go on the outside.

We've got Nombe & McGuckin whose got a good chance of coming through who can play off a big forward.

Why should a retained list just be about players when the problem is with the people who brought them in in the first place.

Scott Gone
    LR and Kelly gone
    MT already gone
    Scouts gone
    Performance analysts gone
    PD gone
    Pale Male and Stale board gone

Then let's start on the playing staff

Agree about Green he can’t be blamed for the current debacle and deserves a chance to show what he can do I think hes got a 3 year contract so we’re stuck with him anyway he’s our player and at least he’s not one of the Dads army brigade he offers something different to the lumps we have as has been mentioned we urgently need pace and creative/attacking midfielders and the age of the squad needs drastically reducing we do need some experience someone like Clucas would be ideal been and done it at a high level but is prepared to graft unlike most of our 30 somethings

Take Richardson off the retain list after today, my dog is better than him and all she did during that game was sleep and lick her privates.

After today Clucas can go Rinohmota in his place in midfield if we can sign him.

Some of these players, who people want rid of, are on contracts. How do we do that?

The official list should be out without any delay this season,in fact behind closed doors it should be more or less formulated now.but if that drags on like most things this season have done so..then it is really time to give up..!.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234