+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retained list.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Even if we offer to extend the contracts of the handful who are worth keeping it seems unlikely that many of them will want to stay, particularly as their salaries will reduce.
    I think they will probably wait to see what other offers come in and who can blame them?
    It will also be interesting to see how many changes LR makes behind the scenes because, when he talks about the need for a culture change, it suggests he might want to change quite a few of his support staff as well as the players.
    It's going to be a busy old close season.
    Just for interest who are the ones worth keeping ?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Even if we offer to extend the contracts of the handful who are worth keeping it seems unlikely that many of them will want to stay, particularly as their salaries will reduce.
    I think they will probably wait to see what other offers come in and who can blame them?
    It will also be interesting to see how many changes LR makes behind the scenes because, when he talks about the need for a culture change, it suggests he might want to change quite a few of his support staff as well as the players.
    It's going to be a busy old close season.
    I don't see talk about culture change as being directed at support staff. It's more about the ethos of the club and seeking to sign 'blood and guts' players who will give their all - 'good people' if you will.

It's easy to take the mickey, but the committed 'good person' approach is what worked for Warne and Moore (think McIntosh and Swales).

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Just for interest who are the ones worth keeping ?
    Viktor (but we should let him go), Odoffin, Ollie (if he gets his head straight), Humphreys, Blackett (if he can stay fit).
    Struggling to name any more to be honest.
    I do wonder if any of the youngsters like McGuckin and Durose might merit a squad place in League 1?

As a collective, Here are our retained players for next season.

Viktor
    Bramhall
    Kioso
    Humphrey
    Blackett
    McGuckin
    Durose
    Oddofin
    Lindsey
    Rathbone
    Tiehi
    Clucas
    Green
    Hugill
    Nombe

I would add McCart too

Well not a bad list really is it?
    Considering this could be potentially Rotherham United's worst season in our history!

I will shock myself by saying Eaves
    I wouldn’t let Wyke near the local pub team
    Assuming victor leaves but obviously if he would stay he would be on the list
    Humphries, Rathbone and Odoffin, nombe, Lindsay, bramall, kioso
    Rest can leave and please feel free to leave as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Feedthegoater View Post
    As a collective, Here are our retained players for next season.

Viktor
    Bramhall
    Kioso
    Humphrey
    Blackett
    McGuckin
    Durose
    Oddofin
    Lindsey
    Rathbone
    Tiehi
    Clucas
    Green
    Hugill
    Nombe

I would add McCart too

Well not a bad list really is it?
    Considering this could be potentially Rotherham United's worst season in our history!
    You’ve left Eaves out. Some think he will shine in League 1…

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I will shock myself by saying Eaves
    I wouldn’t let Wyke near the local pub team
    Assuming victor leaves but obviously if he would stay he would be on the list
    Humphries, Rathbone and Odoffin, nombe, Lindsay, bramall, kioso
    Rest can leave and please feel free to leave as soon as possible
    DM, no Tiehi? I thing he could offer a lot in Division 3….. oops tripping back there, I meant League 1. He’s a skilful player who operates under pressure well. Out of your list I would say Bramall can go. Can’t take on a defender and very poor at crossing a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Those 5 are a good start. Add kioso olie tiehi bramhall and green.
    Almost a full team

Forgot about Tiehi, definitely worth keeping hold of.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    DM, no Tiehi? I thing he could offer a lot in Division 3….. oops tripping back there, I meant League 1. He’s a skilful player who operates under pressure well. Out of your list I would say Bramall can go. Can’t take on a defender and very poor at crossing a ball.

Agree about Bramall we can do better. Green another I'd move on. Victor Kioso Humphries Odoffin Tiehi Rathbone Nombe McGuckin out of them who'll stay keep but can't see many wanting to under LR Kelly. Morrison Clucas could do a job in league 1 Hugill McCart also.

We've one amazing player..Vik.
    A few decent players ,Oddofin, Ollie, Humphreys, Tiehi , Clucas ,Revan, Blackett, Lindsay....er,that's about it.
    Obviously We've 3 of our own strikers, who you'd like to think could score in league 1,but I don't think we need all 3,plus we need something other than a great lump up front, Green possibly ?
    So we must target the same lacking areas as this season, attacking midfielders and wingers.
    Also get some of our youngsters in the squad, are they really no good for league one?
    Anyway, can see loads of changes, and rightly so, which often means a season of transition and not promotion, will the natives settle for that ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast