+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MK Franchise.

MK Franchise.

Well, as the Dons are reputed to play 'football' as opposed to enjoying a good scrap, we might be in for a better spectacle this weekend. However, those individuals who've only been 50% 'at their game' will need to up things for this one. Rowe showed it was possible, at least for half a game, on Tuesday. Tracey had a few lumps kicked out of him so had some excuse. Charlie, on the other hand, has been demonstrating why he never made progress at Charlton. I assume he will start due to injuries and shortage of wide players. What about Lewis Leigh? He contributed to a change of pace and urgency when he came on but then midfield is getting crowded again. I assume we will resume the 3-4-3 set we started with but that will probably exclude Billington again, who I think has done no more wrong than any in the team.
    Anyway, I can't see us repeating the heroics of the Stockport game etc. So, I'm plumping for a draw possibly 1-1 or even 2-2.
    Will we get a penalty this game?

You seem to have the same train of thought to me Gazan, as I said after the Sutton game I would definitely start with Billington over Williams with Rio on the left, Rowe to replace Kirk and find a place for Leigh maybe not starting Tabiner, if I recall correctly I don't think that he has started a match yet. Anyway I'm going for a 2-2 draw.
    Slightly off topic but has anybody seen any definative news of CBR's scan to share?

We have virtually no Strikers apart from one and so where are the goals going to come from?

The only good thing is they lost to Grimsby last week and so who knows?

After the three last results I am expecting us to lose by two clear goals. The game is suffering generally with the modern defensive approach to football which is very depressing imv with one or no strikers. Vale are in the same boat. You need two big strikers up front like at Stockport away and we don't have them. All the top teams are losing games though and so things could go down to the wire. Stockport dropped points again last night. Their fans are furious.
    Last edited by MikeSB; 15-03-2024 at 11:11 PM.

No Tabiner! And 2 youngsters on the bench. So a defensive set up in midfield. Cooney gets the nod over Billington again! What's going on?
    At least LB has had the courage to drop Charlie. Hopefully it'll make him a hungry sub after an hour or so.

Bizarre unless they are not telling us something about Billington, but why the bench then?

Have MK Dons got a massive pitch? There is a huge space right through the middle.

Total lack of intensity. Our midfield was overrun in the 1st half. I'd have thrown Agius on at the end instead of Charlie. However, Cooney could easily have broken his duck if he'd only put his foot through it on both occasions.
    MK Dons showed what we haven't got ...runners from midfield. Rowe started okay but in the 2nd half just started making wrong decisions again.
    We also seem to have lost the knack with dead-ball situations.
    A message to LB, please don't tell us again that you can't fault the players and that they did everything asked of them.
    Some of the players need to get back to passing practice.

Is Tabs only able to manage 1 game in a week at present? At least we have a free week coming up.

Agree with Gazan’s last sentence. There was also far too much aimless hoofing the ball high in the air in the Sutton match.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Total lack of intensity. Our midfield was overrun in the 1st half. I'd have thrown Agius on at the end instead of Charlie. However, Cooney could easily have broken his duck if he'd only put his foot through it on both occasions.
    MK Dons showed what we haven't got ...runners from midfield. Rowe started okay but in the 2nd half just started making wrong decisions again.
    We also seem to have lost the knack with dead-ball situations.
    A message to LB, please don't tell us again that you can't fault the players and that they did everything asked of them.
    Some of the players need to get back to passing practice.

4 dreadful performances on the bounce and only luckily got a result in that 4 against an abject Sutton side, lack of squad depth coming to haunt us at the business end of the season we have always been 3 players light of a decent squad this season. Can see us dropping out of the play offs too at this rate starting 11 was poor today and bench even worse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast