+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MK Franchise.

It really would be a disaster to not qualify for the play-offs but also highly unlikely. It would involve us losing most of our remaining matches, which I don't think is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    It really would be a disaster to not qualify for the play-offs but also highly unlikely. It would involve us losing most of our remaining matches, which I don't think is going to happen.
    He was making the point that with 3 more signings it would have meant the squad being stronger than it is. I ask the same question the whole time. Do we pay for 4 managers on the touchline or pay for two or three players at the start of the season that would benefit the team far more. What point is making the play offs if you lose to the other three contenders due to poorer players. We really do not need a player development manager or 2 assistant managers as getting in the team and playing develops the player or not and not some person doing an interview..I used to be asked the same question..."Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years time?

The critics will argue we have done better than expected this season due to the 4 managers...I disagree of course. Managers don't play on the pitch, players do....simple fact!

A couple of wins by others lower down could make the whole difference and with our squad at the moment we could be lucky to win another game...

I want to know what wages we pay the managers and the players?

One advantage by staying in L2 is we could be playing Vale next season...
    Last edited by MikeSB; 16-03-2024 at 09:18 PM.

One little problem....we don't have 4 managers. Much in the same way that Man City don't have about 26!
    And have we lost against all the play-off opposition.
    Facts, facts, awkward little things that get in the way of a good yarn!

Plus we're 3 points behind second place!!!!!!!!!!

One little problem....we don't have 4 managers. Much in the same way that Man City don't have about 26!
    I am really not sure where this notion of "4 managers" comes from. Unless I am very much mistaken, Lee Bell is the manager and Ryan Dicker is his assistant. I am unsure of Kenny Lunts job title but it ain't team manager I don't think. In the modern game, there is too much for one person to do. Therefore there is a "management team" and all will have different responsibilities.

Had to go on clubs website to check but we've definitely only got one manager plus his assistant!! Anyway hopefully this run is just a blip and we'll be back on it soon, still think we can go up Stockport and Wrexham aren't on the best of runs either!! Onwards and upwards come on you Alex.

Did you mean a good yawn?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Did you mean a good yawn?
    I've told you before. This is a discussion board about football and CAFC and NOT and I repeat NOT what other posters say. Have you got that or do I need to explain that a bit more?

No wonder this board is dead when we have dumbheads posting here!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrierstan View Post
    Had to go on clubs website to check but we've definitely only got one manager plus his assistant!! Anyway hopefully this run is just a blip and we'll be back on it soon, still think we can go up Stockport and Wrexham aren't on the best of runs either!! Onwards and upwards come on you Alex.
    We have loads of managers at the club and McGarry mentioned three others when LB was in the stand. What is the title of the Player Development Manager who just happens to be around the technical area most matches. Then add the under 23 manager and the under 18 manager and God knows how many other non footballers we have at RH. Meanwhile we cannot afford to have more than one or two strikers at the club and if one is injured? See the result yesterday! I thought football was about the players and one manager and not all the other non producers. Why does Dicker need to give the team news before the match and not Bell? Is he too busy?

And your the biggest dumbhead of us all !!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast