Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
Also,at this point in the season the focus is unlikely to be on promoting youth and giving the kids game time,it's entirely about winning as many games as possible and getting back up. Best 11 on from the start every game please, and let's just get this done!
Nobody is talking about promoting youths and giving them game time, I'm talking about the players who have been around the team for a few seasons now, the point I was making about youths leaving rather than signing a contract to enable the club to earn a transfer fee was that the real youngsters the 15/16/17/18 year olds will look at the way Mochrie, Meekison, Cudjoe, McLeod etc have been treated by Goodwin this season, their lack of game time, his lack of confidence in them, signing diddies on loan and persistently playing them before the players mentioned no matter how badly they perform do you seriously think any promising youth player is going to have any faith in Goodwin progressing their career. I've said in several posts we should be playing our best eleven in every game, I totally agree with you on that, I just don't think some players have been given a fair chance to reach that eleven when several others, Watt, Middleton, Grieve, Tillson have been given chance upon chance and have continually shown they either aren't good enough or brave enough or consistent enough. I firmly believe given the proper chances or the same number of chances that either Mochrie or Meekison would replace Watt. Cudjoe or Fotheringham or Thomson would replace Middleton and we would be a far better eleven. I'm not naive enough to think Goodwin will make the changes at this point in the season so that means we are left to rely on Watt and Middleton most games backed up by Grieve and Tillson that does not inspire me with confidence.