+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Accrington 16.03.24 [EFL L2]

Maynard saying he thought we started well, hard to play two away games in a week, Accy was a tough test, "it's not easy in this division to get a point on the road". "Didn't feel like they were going to score and it came from a penalty, it's frustrating" Thinks it was a penalty, just one of those things. "Got to build on this point now, really good team performance."

Personally I thought it was a great point because we were struggling against a very poor team so I’ll tale that but it won’t change my mind about the manager, roll on Tuesday night and after today they will want to bounce back, god help us.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Maynard saying he thought we started well, hard to play two away games in a week, Accy was a tough test, "it's not easy in this division to get a point on the road". "Didn't feel like they were going to score and it came from a penalty, it's frustrating" Thinks it was a penalty, just one of those things. "Got to build on this point now, really good team performance."
    You see this is where Maynard doesn't help himself and is really struggling, he's saying it's hard to get a point on the road but he isn't winning at home.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I keep reading about these players not giving 100% but I have yet to see it with my own eyes, despite watching every game.
    There's no obvious unprofessionalism. Maybe what posters are picking up on when they say this is the loss of belief, confidence and the joy the players used to have in their football.
    The results alone tell you it's not what it was.

The 2nd half was garbage, apart from a few moves we didn’t seem to be able to control the ball or put two or three passes together. It was a painful watch.

We're not getting relegated and the play offs are pretty much gone so it's going to be a really painful boring and frankly crap last 9 matches. Unless you have a season ticket there really is no point anyone being daft enough to pay over £20 to watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    Baldwin is a good player but doesn't have the mentality to be a professional footballer
    If he did he'd be playing a lot higher up the pyramid
    There's a ridiculous cock up or caution virtually every game
    And he cried off on Tuesday night on the first day of the Cheltenham Festival
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Maynards full of it - in his post match interviev he is complaining how hard it is to go away from home - yet he has lost 5 games at home - out of his depth
    Any decent manager like LW or Nolan wins todays game in my opinion
    Luke Williams away from home in L2:
    L7
    W3
    D3
    0.92 ppg

Stuard Maynard away from home in L2:
    L3
    W1
    D1
    0.8 ppg

We've been pretty awful away from home all season. The problem is that at least our home form was excellent most of the time under LW, although it tailed off slightly toward the end.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    There's no obvious unprofessionalism. Maybe what posters are picking up on when they say this is the loss of belief, confidence and the joy the players used to have in their football.
    The results alone tell you it's not what it was.
    No I think when they say the players are not trying for the manager that's exactly what they mean.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    The 2nd half was garbage, apart from a few moves we didn’t seem to be able to control the ball or put two or three passes together. It was a painful watch.
    Yeah it was tough to watch. I get that we need to toughen up and grind out results but it seems that to do that we are playing in a way that doesn't suit us at all and handing the initiative to the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    We're not getting relegated and the play offs are pretty much gone so it's going to be a really painful boring and frankly crap last 9 matches. Unless you have a season ticket there really is no point anyone being daft enough to pay over £20 to watch that.
    This is the problem - because we will not be relegated - seems to be an excuse to let Maynards terrible form continue

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast