+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Accrington 16.03.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Luke Williams away from home in L2:
    L7
    W3
    D3
    0.92 ppg

Stuard Maynard away from home in L2:
    L3
    W1
    D1
    0.8 ppg

We've been pretty awful away from home all season. The problem is that at least our home form was excellent most of the time under LW, although it tailed off slightly toward the end.
    Won 3 0 and 5 0 tailed off 😁

I keep reading about these players not giving 100% but I have yet to see it with my own eyes, despite watching every game.
    Same here.

Compared to what he was used to seeing at Wealdstone, we probably do look like we're playing good football to him whilst other teams look very useful also. Results aside, everything from his perspective appears to be an improvement whilst to the fans it's all getting worse.

Something that's only just occurred to me.... Wealdstone (averaging less than 1.5k this season) were presumably one of the clubs that most benefited from the equally shared out government pay outs to the NL during lockdown, which may have helped him somewhat.

Only just realised Torquay have been given a -10 deduction. They now sit 18th in the NL South, 3 points above the drop to tier 7 having lost 4-1 today to Tonbridge Angels. To think we met them in the Play Off Semi-finals less than 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Baldwin booked for wasting time at a goal kick, 2 match ban
    What is remarkable about that, and something they didn't mention on commentary, is that the referee went over to warn Baldwin about time wasting while he was getting ready to take the goal kick. Baldwin said OK, shaped to take the kick then flicked the ball with his hand to the other side of the six yard box to Slocombe, ran upfield, and obviously the card came straight out.

I think he's got that child like mentality that presses red buttons with 'DO NOT PRESS' written on them.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Compared to what he was used to seeing at Wealdstone, we probably do look like we're playing good football to him whilst other teams look very useful also. Results aside, everything from his perspective appears to be an improvement whilst to the fans it's all getting worse.

Something that's only just occurred to me.... Wealdstone (averaging less than 1.5k this season) were presumably one of the clubs that most benefited from the equally shared out government pay outs to the NL during lockdown, which may have helped him somewhat.

Only just realised Torquay have been given a -10 deduction. They now sit 18th in the NL South, 3 points above the drop to tier 7 having lost 4-1 today to Tonbridge Angels. To think we met them in the Play Off Semi-finals less than 3 years ago.
    Worse still for Torquay is that they should have been promoted to the EFL, they had 2 goals disaallowed in the final against Hartleppol , one being shown later to have definately been a goal
    Its unfathamable they could now drop to the 7th tier

I've noticed quite a few clubs have got their season tickets for next season on sale. Surely Notts will have to announce something in the next couple of weeks and it will be interesting to see what they do because the novelty of being back in the league has clearly worn off. Reckon the club are going to have to get used to smaller crowds next season.

What is remarkable about that, and something they didn't mention on commentary, is that the referee went over to warn Baldwin about time wasting while he was getting ready to take the goal kick. Baldwin said OK, shaped to take the kick then flicked the ball with his hand to the other side of the six yard box to Slocombe, ran upfield, and obviously the card came straight out.

I think he's got that child like mentality that presses red buttons with 'DO NOT PRESS' written on them.
    That’s why he’s with us, time bomb and mentality issues

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Worse still for Torquay is that they should have been promoted to the EFL, they had 2 goals disaallowed in the final against Hartleppol , one being shown later to have definately been a goal
    Its unfathamable they could now drop to the 7th tier
    I feel sorry for them I know one of their fans, he goes to see them every week and he travels from Leicester, now that's dedication, I always mention Kyle Cameron to him and whenever I'm moaning about him he always gives a wry smile.

Yeah it was tough to watch. I get that we need to toughen up and grind out results but it seems that to do that we are playing in a way that doesn't suit us at all and handing the initiative to the other team.
    With the players we have we have to play a passing game, when we lump it upfield it comes straight back. The problem is they have lost confidence in the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Won 3 0 and 5 0 tailed off 😁
    I said tailed off slightly. We won every home game from the beginning of the season to Mansfield in mid October, but by the end of November we had won every game apart from Stags and Wrexham. Then we had a little wobble going out the cup and losing to a poor Walsall team, before winning 3-0 and 5-0 as you say.

I think excellent and tailing off slightly at the end is a pretty accurate description.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast