+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ICT at Home

ICT at Home

After some of the disgraceful performances of late this is now a must win game

Time to stop f*ing about with the line up and get back to the players that have served us best over the season

And stop playing Grieve !!

Kai and Newman away on international duty with Under 23s in the week and the lad on loan from St J the same with Northern Ireland

Not sure how close Wetherspoon is to a match fit return

Line up

Walton

Grimshaw Gallagher Holt McMann
    Sibbald Docherty
    Thompson Watt Middleton
    Moult

Come on United !!!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    After some of the disgraceful performances of late this is now a must win game

Time to stop f*ing about with the line up and get back to the players that have served us best over the season

And stop playing Grieve !!

Kai and Newman away on international duty with Under 23s in the week and the lad on loan from St J the same with Northern Ireland

Not sure how close Wetherspoon is to a match fit return

Line up

Walton

Grimshaw Gallagher Holt McMann
    Sibbald Docherty
    Thompson Watt Middleton
    Moult

Come on United !!!
    This,plus 9 players on the bench,Tillson and Grieve on the bus home.

Has to be that line up and go for them, high tempo from the off, get the first goal

Both teams are desperate for the points for different reasons. Do our players have the desire and heart for such games? If they do, then it is time to start showing it. They have let the fans down far too much this season and are lucky that numbers are still turning up. I'm not brimming with confidence for this game (sign of the times) but pray we get a result.

Apart from Walton I see there's no room for loaned players in fans' favoured lineups.
    That is no Tilson or Greive.
    What's the score with loaned players, how does it work?
    I would guess it's split the wages but do you think there might also be an obligation to put the loaned player in the starting XI for say half the games?
    Would explain why the selection of aforementioned pair.

It probably depends on the details of each loan agreement individually. I'd imagine they are all different somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Apart from Walton I see there's no room for loaned players in fans' favoured lineups.
    That is no Tilson or Greive.
    What's the score with loaned players, how does it work?
    I would guess it's split the wages but do you think there might also be an obligation to put the loaned player in the starting XI for say half the games?
    Would explain why the selection of aforementioned pair.
    No thats not how it works. We will be under no obligation to play them thats all Jimbo occasionally it might be written in that a bigger % of the wage has to be paid if he dosnt play but that tends to be the bigger clubs that do that and it will only be something like a 10% difference,

we tend to ask for about 50% for our good loan players but if its say a forfar and we really want the boy to go out and they cant afford anything we will let them go for free just for the experience.
    Last edited by arab1970; 17-03-2024 at 08:52 AM.

Sorry, rant time again.
    Don't think we can rely on playing Chuckle Brothers game with Raith of 'To you, To Me' anymore.
    There's still time for us to own the fact that if we do the do, it's irrelevant what results Raith get. I like most are hoping the Dunfermline game is the one we look back on and go, something must have resonated with the players/coaches, because results changed for the better. If however the players continue as is or worse, we're up the creek big time.

3 things need to happen:
    Jim has to put the right players on the pitch to do a job and change it up a lot quicker when the job isnt being done.
    The whole squad need to do the job, whether they start or are substitutes.
    We need leaders on the pitch to lift heads and indeed boot the rears of those who aren't doing their job or hiding. Right now I doubt most of this team could come back from going into the wrong toilet never mind going behind in games.

Pointless beating Arbroath and not getting results in the key 6 pointers that really matter.
    Winning those games is when you go to the fans clapping or do you wee lap.

Raith have copped on that clean sheets means that with our current form, they won't lose ground, even Raith grinding 0-0's may gain ground. Think that's 3 in a row now for them.

As for booting Jim, yes he needs to go, I have no confidence he could coach a dog to sit!
    BUT we cant shout for this during a game, it gives some players who Jim is biased towards picking, an easy excuse to put 2 fingers up to fans, or put fingers in ears when they actually do what they're paid to for once.
    Worse still it deflates the ones who are knocking their pan in. Albeit their ability or experience is limited.

I would love if players injured or not playing, sit with the fans during games. I'd include backroom staff as well. This would clarify that the number of fans who turn up, do so because the club means everything to them.
    Regardless of what Ogren or Goodwin think, the numbers attending should not be seen as an endorsement of the standard of what is being churned out despite the result.

I said previously I wasn't sure if I wanted us to go up this season. For our club to survive, we need to. If we dont go up we're likely to be down for a while, we wont beat the team relegated and unlikley to win any play offs.
    Then means Ogren will unlikely sign off on buying better to replace the dross loans or those out of contract.
    Going up should in theory attract better and Ogren will either finally learn and stay to fo a better job or he'll be in a better position to hopefully **** the **** off.

Can't argue with that

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)