+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Positives from today

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    That penalty was an absolutely unforgivable brain fart. What's Mickey Pearce meant to do about that?

I see in the highlights KC drops a rick after a throw out from SS. Mickey must be feeling like Graham Taylor at the moment. Except Taylor didn't have to make up his bench with two keepers.
    I was at the game Saturday and we were fortunate not to have conceded two penalties.
    The ref was not in a position to be certain and the assistant fortunately didn't assist !
    Where we were sat , we had a clear view and Bostock definitely blocked a cross with an extended arm. Everyone around us concluded it was obvious .
    Agreed Mickey doesn't have many defensive options but doesn't use his options very well either !
    One example being loaning out Mahovo to Boston Utd after him being on the bench twice recently.
    Bizarre substitutions changing situations for the worse , seem to be the norm.
    With regards to two GK's on the bench , Stone who had travelled to the game in support of team mates , was drafted onto the bench after Chicksen had taken ill during the overnight stay in Bury .
    What a waste of money , an overnighter to Accrington indeed. ?
    Mickey no doubt asked for the overnighter and obviously didn't forsee such an event of illness.
    He didn't have the nous to take Sanderson either and include a striker to warm the bench. .

One positive is that County aren't in the relegation places yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmysirrelsmassivetooth View Post
    One positive is that County aren't in the relegation places yet.
    Nor will we be, mid table consolidation = a decent first season in L2

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Nor will we be, mid table consolidation = a decent first season in L2
    Your Forest mates have been deducted 4 points. That's good news.

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    I was at the game Saturday and we were fortunate not to have conceded two penalties.
    The ref was not in a position to be certain and the assistant fortunately didn't assist !
    Where we were sat , we had a clear view and Bostock definitely blocked a cross with an extended arm. Everyone around us concluded it was obvious .
    Agreed Mickey doesn't have many defensive options but doesn't use his options very well either !
    One example being loaning out Mahovo to Boston Utd after him being on the bench twice recently.
    With regards to two GK's on the bench , Stone who had travelled to the game in support of team mates , was drafted onto the bench after Chicksen had taken ill during the overnight stay in Bury .
    Mickey no doubt asked for the overnighter and obviously didn't forsee such an event of illness.
    He didn't have the nous to take Sanderson either and include a striker to warm the bench. .
    Mickey as you call him wouldn’t have made that decision. It’s the club policy if travel times over 2 hours then they stay overnight.
    Sanderson? He’s not even a striker?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Mickey as you call him wouldn’t have made that decision. It’s the club policy if travel times over 2 hours then they stay overnight.
    Sanderson? He’s not even a striker?
    The "annuens canis" or nodding dog, appears to be recovering from the brink of extinction .

This thought to be endangered species, has recently stirred from the edge of oblivion, and brief sightings have been reported in NG2

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Your Forest mates have been deducted 4 points. That's good news.
    Well they are not my mates however, I do hope they stay in the prem because its a good thing for Notts and if you can’t see that then you are very short-sighted my friend.

Well they are not my mates however, I do hope they stay in the prem because its a good thing for Notts and if you can’t see that then you are very short-sighted my friend.
    Name the positives.

Negatives -

Youth recruitment
    Visibility of clubs receiving coverage nationwide
    **** traffic at random times on the weekend (okay not Notts related)

The fact is Forest haven't had a sustained period since the 90s and football watching habits have changed significantly as has people's disposable income. I don't think Forest being an established Premier League club would benefit us in the long term at all.

I honestly don't know why you don't just buy a red shirt, sign up to LTLF and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Name the positives.

Negatives -

Youth recruitment
    Visibility of clubs receiving coverage nationwide
    **** traffic at random times on the weekend (okay not Notts related)

The fact is Forest haven't had a sustained period since the 90s and football watching habits have changed significantly as has people's disposable income. I don't think Forest being an established Premier League club would benefit us in the long term at all.
    I never get this Forest fans coming to Notts’s thing. They haven’t had sell outs for years, so now their in the prem are we saying all the people that wasn’t going anyway, now they can’t actually go are going to Notts instead?

I can understand kids coming to the age of wanting to go to a game now only being able to go to Notts, but I don’t get that many existing Forest fans are coming.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast