+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Positives from today

Positives from today

Let’s be honest, we are well off the pace and the expectations for this season have fallen away.

However, Jatta today was tremendous.

If he carries on like that we have a truly superb player here.

Other than that, I’m struggling for much positive other than a point and looking down the table Sutton beating Forest Green is now a result that I looked out for. FFS

They're working hard and still trying. After the run they've been on they could have downed tools but their attitude is still good. We have some very good footballers going forward and Jatta made a difference today. We aren't brilliant but don't look like a rabble which means the coach is doing something right and it's not all on him.
    We've got glaring weaknesses that only new players will address. At least one new centre half, a keeper and a pair of centre midfielders are needed.
    We run out of steam and have done all season in the later stages of games, even when playing great football against Swindon, FGR and Bradford we faded badly in the last twenty minutes. A combination of older legs and some players just not able to play full ninety minutes at this level needs addressing in the summer.

I decided to paint my fence and cut the lawns instead of going to Accrington

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    They're working hard and still trying. After the run they've been on they could have downed tools but their attitude is still good. We have some very good footballers going forward and Jatta made a difference today. We aren't brilliant but don't look like a rabble which means the coach is doing something right and it's not all on him.
    We've got glaring weaknesses that only new players will address. At least one new centre half, a keeper and a pair of centre midfielders are needed.
    We run out of steam and have done all season in the later stages of games, even when playing great football against Swindon, FGR and Bradford we faded badly in the last twenty minutes. A combination of older legs and some players just not able to play full ninety minutes at this level needs addressing in the summer.
    I would agree with most of the above, although I think 3 new central defenders are needed and if Jones and/or langstaff go at least 1 more attacking player alongside Scott, Jatta and mcgoldrick , Morias can go !

Whatever you think of SM I definitely think on the whole he’s stopped is getting counted as bad as we use to. I do think he’s extremely restricted with the squad, absolutely no different options at the back and especially yesterday we are struggling in CM for options too.

We didn't lose.

I just want us to stay in this league and finish above my grandson team the mighty FISH...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    We didn't lose.
    Exactly.

Up against just about the only team in the world in worse form than us we still managed to f-it up.

"Here's a spiffing idea chaps... why don't we give a penalty away?"

That penalty was an absolutely unforgivable brain fart. What's Mickey Pearce meant to do about that?

I see in the highlights KC drops a rick after a throw out from SS. Mickey must be feeling like Graham Taylor at the moment. Except Taylor didn't have to make up his bench with two keepers.

I was encouraged by this performance/result. If it weren’t for the recent poor run, I think this would be put down as a decent result. Let’s just keep fingers crossed we pick up a couple of wins soon to boost morale. A middle table final season finish be respectable, and could build on that for next season but we don’t want to finish 20th etc going forward to next season

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast