+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Robins interview.

Mark Robins interview.

I watched an interview with Mark Robins yesterday and he has been at Coventry since 2017.
    He was asked the main reasons for recent success.
    He said good recruitment, good players but most of all. No matter how bad it got, the fans always stayed behind him and the players. This included being relegated to L2, playing at Birmingham and playing at burton. The players always felt loved by the fans no matter wfat.

We could learn a thing or two about unwavering support through thick and thin from those fans.

Not all their fans though, like most clubs including ours there is the core support.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Not all their fans though, like most clubs including ours there is the core support.
    I can only go by what Robins said on telly yesterday.
    There was protests about SISU but never the manager or players.
    He also spoke about loyalty and he isn’t interested in other jobs because how the club have stood by him.

I actually think we need to stop yo-yoing. It takes the shine off promotions and means we have to rebuild for a different league every summer on limited finances.
    Go down and consolidate for a few seasons. Attack for promotion from a better footing than a recent relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I watched an interview with Mark Robins yesterday and he has been at Coventry since 2017.
    He was asked the main reasons for recent success.
    He said good recruitment, good players but most of all. No matter how bad it got, the fans always stayed behind him and the players. This included being relegated to L2, playing at Birmingham and playing at burton. The players always felt loved by the fans no matter wfat.

We could learn a thing or two about unwavering support through thick and thin from those fans.
    So long as people remember that unwavering support is about the badge and not the ownership, board, management, or players, yes. Maybe then people will start to understand why there are differing opinions on what's wrong, how bad things are (or aren't), and most importantly that none of the above will ever be bigger than the club.

A manager praising the fans shock horror

Bering up a article we're the manager has slagged off the fans

Look I'll say it til I'm blue in the face, THIS is the man we need back to resurrect RUFC.

Watch this interview, not a man off his head mouthing off like some of our fans still see him.....that's true passion ...100%. This is what we are missing in this club, a man who WILL kick a.rse love or loathe him. I've changed my mind....he's a successful Manager...get him back Tony or implode under who's in charge now!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Look I'll say it til I'm blue in the face, THIS is the man we need back to resurrect RUFC.

Watch this interview, not a man off his head mouthing off like some of our fans still see him.....that's true passion ...100%. This is what we are missing in this club, a man who WILL kick a.rse love or loathe him. I've changed my mind....he's a successful Manager...get him back Tony or implode under who's in charge now!

I didn't like him when he arrived. He flattered everyone and he felt like a shyster. Someone who was here for the pay and would be gone soon thereafter.

By the middle of the league one season I loved him, the way he got that siege mentality. From L2 to the champ and kept us there.

It's becoming known why he left but other than Warne he's been missed since.

The fat man, I suspect, will return if Stevenage aren't promoted this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    I didn't like him when he arrived. He flattered everyone and he felt like a shyster. Someone who was here for the pay and would be gone soon thereafter.

By the middle of the league one season I loved him, the way he got that siege mentality. From L2 to the champ and kept us there.

It's becoming known why he left but other than Warne he's been missed since.

The fat man, I suspect, will return if Stevenage aren't promoted this season.
    Thanks for providing clarity as Brin's video won't play in the US and I was thinking he was calling for the return of Alan Stubbs